• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If you are just a smidgeon off, you might consider attacking the holes in the wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Will it fit as is with smaller diameter bolts? If so go to a grade 5 or better bolt. If the bolts hold the weight to the wheel, a small splay will help center it.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    the weights i had for my cub cadet sat on the rim of the wheel, with long carriage bolts run in from inside to outside to hold them on. probably a dumb question but are you sure yours don't mount the same way? lot of juggling to mount the wheel and the weight using same lug nuts/bolts I would guess.

these do mount the same way and this is my first run at wheel weights. I have 1/2 x 6 carriage bolts with flat washers and lock nuts. The issue that I have is when I insert the bolt through the rear and the carriage bolt sets in the square, the slots in the weights are too shallow causing the bolts to flare out.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Anyone with a 50bmg, that’s the quickest way I can think of to punch some holes in the steel. This is a shooting forum after all.

Patapsco

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 16, 2019
    Several options:

• As others have said grinding would be quick and dirty and probably my first choice.
    • Oxy-acetylene if you know someone with a torch.
    • I'd not recommend plunging with an 2'' LOC 5/8'' endmill since it is not stiff and won't be evenly loaded.
    • Drill press to drill new holes... just remember to drill larger than 1/2'' for 1/2'' bolts to allow for imperfect placement.
    • Horizontal mill cutting inwards from the edge with a milling cutter - it'd need to be a fairly large diameter cutter though.
    • Keyseater or shaper deepening the groove.

Grinding or drilling new holes with a twist drill would be my first two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom