• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ hahaha :) you are lucky bubba didn't go hog wild and take a silver spray paint can to the rest of the gun to make it match the finger extension!!!!!! Yikes!

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    Hello Everyone. Just thought that you guys might find it interesting that I purchased this very pistol today at Cabela's for $400 in Tualatin, Oregon. I found this thread while searching for information on Politi marked pistols.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hello Everyone. Just thought that you guys might find it interesting that I purchased this very pistol today at Cabela's for $400 in Tualatin, Oregon. I found this thread while searching for information on Politi marked pistols.

Talk about a needle in an invisible haystack!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    LOL Imagine how I felt when I noticed that the serial number on my pistol is the one on the photo :-)

Ha congrats! Neat how stuff makes the rounds. I sold that one a few years ago to a collector in VA. Just FYI I had done some research before I sold it and found reference (some publication from decades ago) that stated only about ~60 Femarus ended up in Politi service, so numbers-wise its one of the rarest of the Politi marked WWII pistols. I’ve only ever seen one other and its Politi inventory number was only 3 away from the one you now have, so they are very hard to find.

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    Ha congrats! Neat how stuff makes the rounds. I sold that one a few years ago to a collector in VA. Just FYI I had done some research before I sold it and found reference (some publication from decades ago) that stated only about ~60 Femarus ended up in Politi service, so numbers-wise its one of the rarest of the Politi marked WWII pistols.

Thank you for the info. Based on my research I was not able to find any information on 37M's in Politi service. It would be interesting to know that out of the 60 examples how many are still around. Apparently Norway scrapped the majority of WW2 leftover guns once they had no use for them.

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    Here is a photo. The condition is much better than it appears, my phone camera had trouble capturing the high polish finish.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_170329.jpg
      IMG_20200509_170329.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 167

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Thank you for the info. Based on my research I was not able to find any information on 37M's in Politi service. It would be interesting to know that out of the 60 examples how many are still around. Apparently Norway scrapped the majority of WW2 leftover guns once they had no use for them.

I would WAG probably not many. Between what was scrapped and what hasn’t ever left Europe, I doubt there are a ton of them floating around over here. I updated my above post but I’ve only ever seen one other one, it popped up on Gunbroker a few years back. I debated bidding on it but from what I recall it sold for higher than I had to put into a purchase at the time. To someone collecting Politi guns I would imagine the Femaru amounts to one of their “holy grails”.

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    This photo represents the current condition more accurately

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_071822.jpg
      IMG_20200510_071822.jpg
      132.7 KB · Views: 149

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Here is a photo. The condition is much better than it appears, my phone camera had trouble capturing the high polish finish.

Still looks just as nice as I remember! Did it come with a correct mag this time around? If so you got a great deal on it as original P.mod.37 mags usually go for $125-150 alone, and as I’m sure you saw when I picked it up it had a Bubba special mag in it.

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    I would WAG probably not many. Between what was scrapped and what hasn’t ever left Europe, I doubt there are a ton of them floating around over here. I updated my above post but I’ve only ever seen one other one, it popped up on Gunbroker a few years back. I debated bidding on it but from what I recall it sold for higher than I had to put into a purchase at the time. To someone collecting Politi guns I would imagine the Femaru amounts to one of their “holy grails”.

Here is a video a collector from Britain made. All his guns have been deactivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEDBK0LW5e4&t=17s

Hun Shooter

May 10, 2020
    Still looks just as nice as I remember! Did it come with a correct mag this time around? If so you got a great deal on it as original P.mod.37 mags usually go for $125-150 alone, and as I’m sure you saw when I picked it up it had a Bubba special mag in it.

it came with a correct mag. Overall I am very happy with the gun. The Gun library at our local Cabela's was picked very thin, they only had about 20 handguns. Interestingly enough out of those they had 2 Femaru M37's, 3 Astra 400's, 2 Rhodesian Mambu pistols and 1 1919 Steyr. The rest was just your normal modern used guns, although the Para LDA was also interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom