• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    A Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Class will be held on October 10, 2010 South Mountain Rod and Gun Club, Smithsburg, Maryland starting at 12:00 noon.

This is an all inclusive lecture only course. The course will take about 5 hours to complete. At the end of the class you will have everything needed to apply for your Utah permit. Fingerprints, passport type photo (you will receive 4 passport photos, one for Utah and 3 extra for other applications) and postage of your permit application are included. While a notarized application is no longer required for the Utah application we will continue to have notary service available at every class. Just in case you would like to apply for the Maryland Designated Collector status, Florida or Virginia concealed weapons permit. You will also receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate can be used as proof of training as required for Florida and Virginia concealed firearm permits. Extra copies will be provided upon request.

The Utah Concealed firearms permit is recognized by 27 states when held by a Maryland resident. While Maryland does not accept this permit all states that share a common border with Maryland do.

You will be required to pay a $65.25 fee to the state of Utah for your permit application in addition to the $125.00 class fee. The permit is valid for 5 years and renewal is only $10.00. No additional trainning is required. Members of MDshooters.com will receive a $25.00 discount on this class. Please include your screen name when registering.

Pre registration is required. Register Here If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. plewis@genesisfirearms.com

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Is the class in Glen Burnie the same deal? If so I would like to sign up for that given the other class is 2 hours from my home.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes the class scheduled for Glen Burnie will have the same service and price. I was just about to list it here for everyone to see. Mdeng

sdOne

hkJunkie
    Sep 19, 2010
    Catonsville, MD
    I just took the class.
    Perrin is a good instructor, and makes the material palatable.
    I will definitely be taking another class with him in the future.
    Food is available at South Mountain, so no worries about packing any.

edit: I completely forgot to mention, there was paperwork for FL and VA, and MD Collector status. Since Mrs. Lewis is a notary, it is very easy to get the main papers done.

Thanks, Perrin, and his wife. :)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I just took the class.
    Perrin is a good instructor, and makes the material palatable.
    I will definitely be taking another class with him in the future.
    Food is available at South Mountain, so no worries about packing any.

edit: I completely forgot to mention, there was paperwork for FL and VA, and MD Collector status. Since Mrs. Lewis is a notary, it is very easy to get the main papers done.

Thanks, Perrin, and his wife. :)

Glad you enjoyed the the class and the food. South Mountain has a first rate lodge for it members and guest. I always forget to tell everyone that food is available, but they always seem to find it anyway. :cool:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Aw, man, how did I miss this? I could have taken off that day! This was literally right up the street from me. :|

Like I was saying at the Fall Shoot, I work the day of the LaVale class, but I look forward to making the *very next* class that works with my work schedule, even if I have to make a long drive to it. LaVale really isn't much closer to me than some of the other locations near Baltimore/DC. Smithsburg would have been perfect! -hole punch

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Aw, man, how did I miss this? I could have taken off that day! This was literally right up the street from me. :|

Like I was saying at the Fall Shoot, I work the day of the LaVale class, but I look forward to making the *very next* class that works with my work schedule, even if I have to make a long drive to it. LaVale really isn't much closer to me than some of the other locations near Baltimore/DC. Smithsburg would have been perfect! -hole punch

I have been on the phone for most of the day confirming dates and locations for our 2011 classes. Not official yet but we should have something in your area February 27, 2011.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

We have scheduled a class at South Mountain Rod and Gun Club, Smithsburg, MD. February 6, 2011 starting at 12:00 Noon.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    We have scheduled a class at South Mountain Rod and Gun Club, Smithsburg, MD. February 6, 2011 starting at 12:00 Noon.

It looks like I'm off that Sunday, February 6, 2011. Unless I get slammed for overtime I think I'm going to make this one. Once you start a new thread and we get closer to that date I'll confirm and make my registration official. I've been excited about this ever since you filled me in while we ate lunch. I'm stoked! How many of my friends can I drag along?? lol! Is there a limit to the class size?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    It looks like I'm off that Sunday, February 6, 2011. Unless I get slammed for overtime I think I'm going to make this one. Once you start a new thread and we get closer to that date I'll confirm and make my registration official. I've been excited about this ever since you filled me in while we ate lunch. I'm stoked! How many of my friends can I drag along?? lol! Is there a limit to the class size?

I limit the class to 50 people. Any more than that causes a back up with fingerprinting and paperwork. I have found that while I could hire more people to handle a larger class, service would still suffer. Mdeng

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I just signed up for the Silver Spring Class at the end of this month, forgive me for not doing my own research... But, does anyone know if this course satisfies the Maryland requirement for training as well?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I just signed up for the Silver Spring Class at the end of this month, forgive me for not doing my own research... But, does anyone know if this course satisfies the Maryland requirement for training as well?

It does not.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We average about 40 people per class. Thank you for letting your friends know about our services.

Mdeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom