• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Jaspis1

May 15, 2015
    My fiancé just got his approved yesterday (via online check). His took 29 calender days, while mine took 20. Not sure why...we submitted the same day. I'm still waiting for the physical card though....but at least we're square in terms of "will they or won't they" approve us. I'm thinking it will be probably another two weeks (at least) before we can take a handgun home though. Sigh.

letmehitthat

May 29, 2015
    I sent in my application on May 11, 2015. I have been checking every day several times a day. Today, I looked at the Demographics information and noticed that I did not enter a county. I entered my county and saved the update. Would that prolong my wait? After viewing the checklist I still see that only the Application\License Fee & DHMH are "Completed".

Hope I did not cause this process to take longer.

Krysta

Gun Girl
    Apr 8, 2015
    Columbia, MD
    Finished mine May 6th, today is the 28th and nothing but the DMHH is checked completed, all others save the top one is unchecked :(

Checked over the weekend and I finally got approved on the 29th! yay!took 23 days.

Now to figure out what to buy first :D

letmehitthat

May 29, 2015
    Did not go active yet but I did check this morning about 20 minutes ago and here is the checklist (There is at least movement now so I am not as anxious.)

Application\License Fee Completed May/11/15
    MVA Photo Completed Jun/02/15
    LiveScan Completed Jun/02/15
    Training Completed Jun/02/15
    NICS Completed Jun/02/15
    METERS Completed Jun/02/15
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Jun/02/15
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Jun/02/15
    DHMH Completed May/12/15

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    My brother and I were both fingerprinted on May 16. I filled out the application the same day, he waited until the 17th. He went active this afternoon, June 3. 18 days.

letmehitthat

May 29, 2015
    GOT APPROVED JUST NOW!!! I never want to do anything like that ever again. Now I can pick up my stuff when the card gets here.

Submitted: 5/11
    Active: 6/4

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    GOT APPROVED JUST NOW!!! I never want to do anything like that ever again. Now I can pick up my stuff when the card gets here.

Submitted: 5/11
    Active: 6/4

Close. Once you get your HQL, then you get to fill out the paperwork for another background check, then wait 7 days, and then pickup your stuff. Welcome to Marylandistan. :sad20:

letmehitthat

May 29, 2015
    Close. Once you get your HQL, then you get to fill out the paperwork for another background check, then wait 7 days, and then pickup your stuff. Welcome to Marylandistan. :sad20:

Already did the paperwork and paid for my new thing on May 12. Took my HQL number to the store today so that they could submit. Should take around 5 days to get the card so once I get the card and wait a couple days I will be good to go to pick up my s#!7. I could not have lived through this without this thread.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Already did the paperwork and paid for my new thing on May 12. Took my HQL number to the store today so that they could submit. Should take around 5 days to get the card so once I get the card and wait a couple days I will be good to go to pick up my s#!7. I could not have lived through this without this thread.

I know what you mean. While I have had my background run, for multiple things, more times than I can remember, it was nerve wracking sitting there waiting for mine to go active, and I only had to wait 3 days!

Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase. You Earned It! :party29:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Ok, got reprinted 30 minutes ago, called MSP they said that worked, now active, card will be printed Monday and in the mail no later than Wednesday. So with luck I can be filling out paperwork next Saturday, and before the end of the month trying out my new handguns at the range.

cfischer1982

May 27, 2015
    HQL

I took the MD CCW class on May 17. I was told I could use this as the training component for the HQL. HQL application and license fee done on May 17. May 18 DHMH completed. June 4 all other checklists completed except for DJS which was not applicable. The status June 5 still shows pending. I have read in other posts they mail out the HQL card while it still shows pending. Is this true? Also, I sent my application in for the CCW on May 17. Anyone here gone through the process and can let me know how long will it be before I hear something and do they list the application on the MSP website like the HQL?

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    Has anyone noticed that once the process begins, after some areas are checked as "completed" the others change from "unchecked" to "incomplete"? Under the checklist, it states: "Incomplete - Application Section is pending additional information, you will be contacted". Has anyone here been contacted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom