Your Preference to Carry in The GREAT STATE of MD ( sarcasm included)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My sincerest apologies go out to Schipperke for a grievous error in my part. I thought I was in a text box sending a note to my brother and instead posted a story here.

Again, a serious goof on my part and I am very sorry for this.

It made an already interesting thread take an epic turn. :party29:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Were allowed I carry either glock 26 in crossbreed or Ruger LC 9. I like the older hammer fired Luger due to it’s long trigger pull compared to striker fired similar to a revolver trigger. Feel more comfortable with it loaded ready to fire opposed to glock, personal preference
    Also fits well in pocket holster FWIW

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I probably have about 500 rounds through mine with no problem. Another option that I’ve played around with but haven’t shot is the stock mag, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 for 9 rounds. Hopefully if Glock comes out with a 43x the mags are compatible.

The 43x and 48 mags won't be compatible with the 43.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I carry an original LC9 most days, the hammer-fired one without the Glock trigger. It has been flawless. Good trigger pull, accurate, easy to carry, and has not misfed once in around 500 rounds.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    CZ P07 OWB or G19 IWB during the winter months until Sig gets their sh*t together with the 365...some have even reported issues with 4th quarter 2018 born on dates although much less consistant than early release units.
    I’ll give Sig until early spring otherwise it’s a G43 with a +1 Hyve extension for me in the warmer months.
    Or the rumored 10rd G43x said to be released at Shot Show next month

Attachments

• 14C11E58-E2F0-4C11-94F7-A2FD048AE7C6.jpg
      14C11E58-E2F0-4C11-94F7-A2FD048AE7C6.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 464
    May 8, 2018
    Thanks Ken (kbuddy) I will email you next time I am in the area. After more reading. I will wait to get more info on the new products that come out of the Shot Show this month. In the mean time if anyone is looking this is a OK deal on a 380 i came across. Not a bad price with free shipping and all. I did not have a 380 so I guess there goes the Christmas gift card...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/rug...gn=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5:00+PM+Email

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    I carry a Shield 9mm with an Aliengear IWB holster and use their gun belt. Since the great state of Maryland sees fit that I should be denied my rights as a citizen to exercise my 2A "Privilege " I only carry in other states, one of which is Florida. Even with the heat and humidity I'm very comfortable with that set up. Usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt and printing is never an issue. Good luck in your search.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Sig p365 (1500 rounds through it with no hiccups) in Vedder either IWB or aAIWB depending on how I am dressed. Occasionally OWB in a modified Versacarry.

Used to carry a Shield, but the p365 size and weight savings are much nicer especially in a suit or scrubs.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Since I can't carry in Maryland I will fantasize about carrying a LeMat Revolver. I would really like a 365 but while I have no experience with them, I would like to test thoroughly to see if any issues have been resolved before trusting my life to one. But I have never shot one so all I have to go on are online anecdotes.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I have been granted the coveted W&C and have 24x7 ability to carry. My current weapon is proving to be a little bulky and harder to conceal then I want.

First, welcome aboard.

Second... i have been carrying an XDM 3.8 compact but... i have a "dad belly" and found i can actually conceal a big ol beretta 92fs with just a t-shirt. If i move the holster 1" back, it prints when i rotate torso. If i leave it "right there", it doesn't print at all.

My point is... you would be amazed what you can conceal. And yes.. sometimes.. 1 inch.. makes a big difference.

My recommendation, is to go to a gun-shop and see what they have to offer other than a new gun.

I've tried ALIENGEAR holsters and.. i'm not disappointed yet. That's what i carry both of my guns in though i have other holsters also.

Bigtex

Sep 11, 2018
    Laurel, Md.
    Why?! I have custom tailored suit that i conceal my S&W M&P 9. Reconsider your carry technique, holster, placement etc before assuming a smaller gun is the ticket.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    the other thing that i would add is... what others have mentioned: a good belt. Good doesn't mean snake skin leather hand made.. etc etc.. it means.. a fine adjustment ability. i went w/ a Kore Essentials belt, just because but the key thing is... they are sturdy AND.. have 1/4 inch adjustment "clicks". not a typical hole and bar belt. this allows you to loosen or tighten the belt covertly and gives a very nice range of grip to the holster. this.. is probably as important as a holster itself.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Why?! I have custom tailored suit that i conceal my S&W M&P 9. Reconsider your carry technique, holster, placement etc before assuming a smaller gun is the ticket.

I agree.. I listened to people saying the beretta was too big. I tried it and found a sweet spot. Not everyone's the same build and per my previous post.. 1" off placement can make it hide or shine.

there will be a lot of trial and error, but like other things in the IT world... when it works.. you'll know it and be happy you took the time to do it yourself.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    If you like your XDm Compact , then test drive an XDs .

Yes, XDm are chunky . Heck , even fondle an old school plain XD , they are noticeably slimer than the XDm .

SO TRUE! I carry an XDm 3.8 compact (40S&W). it IS bulkier than a 45 ACP XDM. But... it's not the thickness that gets ya.. it's the length of the grip sticking out past the body. the closer you can keep the grip to the body the easier ti'll be to conceal. this is how i conceal a beretta 92fs! and that's NOT a small gun or small grip.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Congrats on you permit! Although my vote is for the G43 (which is what I carry in jeans; Ruger LCP in dress pants), the most important factor is what feels best in your hand, and what you shoot best with.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Carry every day you can legally. The more it becomes part of you, the easier it'll be to carry and less likely you'll go w/o it only to find yourself needing it when you dont have it. Personally, i dont feel comfortable carrying a 1911 around w/ the hammer, but a striker fired or double/single action is great. If my only choice was a 1911... as much as i love them... i'm not sure i would carry every day.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I carry a g23 most of the time this time of year, with an untucked shirt and pullover/sweater/jacket.

Today I’m carrying my g27, shirt tucked in, under a sweater. No problem. I use a bravo concealment iwb for the 27 along with an owb bravo mag pouch.

I carry the g23 in a bravo iwb, crossbreed supertuck (I like this better with dress pants) or raven owb.

Almost always have the mag pouch.

I wear a Kore ratchet gun belt with anything other than dress pants. With dress pants I have a thinner leather gun belt.

The g23 conceals really well for me, but I’m more comfortable carrying the smaller g27. I have 20 rounds on me today, with the g23 I can carry 27. If I need 7 more I’ve got a problem bigger than a handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom