How do new handguns end up on the MD handgun roster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Has anyone dealt with tombstone tactical before?

Not for a firearm. They didn't make a good impression on me a couple months back on an ammo order. Had ordered 20 boxes of a particular caliber at a price that was maybe 10% better than I was finding elsewhere. In a couple days they contacted me and said that they would honor the price for 2 boxes (with the same overall shipping charge - possibly around $15, if I remember correctly). They had more than 20 boxes in inventory, but said their restocking fee for the ammo was higher so they wouldn't honor the advertised price. I stopped considering purchases from their site after this point. They have a useless Norton "price guarantee" that does nothing to protect the customer when the vendor changes their mind.

I have ordered Walthers from Gunbuyer.com, Grabagun, and Buds guns. Gunbuyer often has the lowest price when it comes to Walthers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    New to Maryland, are you?

Sorry, not to be snarky or anything. But that sort of nonsense is just the tip of the iceberg.

...and it's been discussed on the forum before. OP should "Search" handgun roster, it's there.

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    ...and it's been discussed on the forum before. OP should "Search" handgun roster, it's there.

Yea but I would like to have my own conversation on the topic. That's kinda why this forum is here. Are you that anti social or angry?. To take the time to say "The info is there search for it, don't post unless you have something certifiably new and undiscussed"?. Maybe I just want to increase my post count so I can be a senior member too.

Thanks danb, I did try to find more info before I loosely started this thread with this silly searchable subject. As you know Maryland laws ARE a maze of incompetence. This was the first time I had a very well known FFL dealer tell me about this roster BS. But if I have any questions about handgun roster I'm calling Tyler firearms, Chuck knows his stuff.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The purpose of the roster was to ban handguns slowly. Like CA is doing. Fewer and fewer handguns would get approved. The original intent of the "integrated mechanical safety device" was undone barely 2 years after the law was passed because Beretta did not have it and police could not get Berettas. Bore locks are not what they had in mind, but the lack of guns forced the issue. "Integrated" meant more like the Clinton hole on revolvers.

That was before Heller. Handguns will never be banned, and very very few new models are not approved. Its a pointless exercise in terminal bureaucracy.

MDSP for its own self interest should lobby to get rid of it and redeploy the resources to actually getting violent criminals off the street.

Incidentally, Smith and Wesson should get rid of that too. Its also pointless. Last time i used a bore lock or clinton hole was never. I dont think Bill used the Clinton hole either. I have heard rumors that some dealers, if they know you, dont even ask to see the bore lock. But I would not know, I only own bolt action rifles and shotguns.

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    Clinton hole?

Attachments

• 32B939F4-0D12-4076-926C-990686282934.jpg
      32B939F4-0D12-4076-926C-990686282934.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 268

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads