Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2017, 04:03 PM #1
BigT5g's Avatar
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
BigT5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
HEY, LETS GET PRACTICING! Post videos/evidence of your practice HERE!

Ahoy competitors.

As any serious gamer knows, it's very little about skill, talent, and/or badass-ness. It comes down to putting the work in. A guy that has a 3 on the talent scale can beat a guy with an 8 on the talent scale if he simply outworks the talented guy. The only advantage talent bring is that one might be able to make a milestone with less work, however one still has to put in the effort.

I'm looking to start motivating shooters to practice more! Post your photos, and videos of your dry and live fire practice here to inspire your fellow shooters to work towards becoming more competitive. Hopefully it will even spawn some rivalries!

I'll get things started with a video I took today during my dry fire practice session. My goal was to perform 5, 1 second reloads in a row on camera. After a couple stutters I got a good string together with only a little hiccup on reload #4.



If you can do better, lets see it!
__________________
Red Hill Tactical Sponsored Shooter:
Use the discount code "targetfocus" for %10 off RHT Holsters

-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:28 PM #2
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Great idea, I'll get some video to post. In fact I did video some live fire practice last night, maybe I'll edit out some of the crap and post it up.

If I have time before work in the morning I might see if I can beat your 5 reloads, granted I'm going to cheat and use a limited rig.
Racinready300ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 06:41 PM #3
BigT5g's Avatar
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
BigT5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinready300ex View Post
Great idea, I'll get some video to post. In fact I did video some live fire practice last night, maybe I'll edit out some of the crap and post it up.

If I have time before work in the morning I might see if I can beat your 5 reloads, granted I'm going to cheat and use a limited rig.
Great! Looking forward to seeing your footage. And yes reloading a limited rig IS cheating! (I'm switching to Limited after this season lol)
__________________
Red Hill Tactical Sponsored Shooter:
Use the discount code "targetfocus" for %10 off RHT Holsters

-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM #4
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Okay, Dry fire video below. I see your reloads and raise you 4 aces with a 1.8 Second Par. That was about 7 yards, draw 2-reload 2.

To break it down, I did three then F-ed the 4th one, video starts at the one I missed. Then I did 7 good ones before my arms needed a rest. I cut the last couple out of the video to keep it shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A0...ature=youtu.be

I also got out wed. after work and tried to do a little live fire practice. Kicking the rust off. Struggled with seeing the sights and calling my shots, you'll see why in the video. I clearly need to improve my turning draw to get GM numbers on this classifier. My turn was in the 1.25-1.40 range for most runs. But, I already knew I've been neglecting my turning draw, but now I have a base line to work from. My best run of the night was only 94.xx%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am6EBwowQGw

Classifier match this weekend, next live fire practice I think I'm going to do El prez. I might try to do that one when the sun is still up.
Racinready300ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 01:13 PM #5
Guderian Guderian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 444
Guderian Guderian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 444
Good job both of you.

What range do you belong to that lets you shoot after dark? So jealous.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 09:41 PM #6
BigT5g's Avatar
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
BigT5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinready300ex View Post
Okay, Dry fire video below. I see your reloads and raise you 4 aces with a 1.8 Second Par. That was about 7 yards, draw 2-reload 2.

To break it down, I did three then F-ed the 4th one, video starts at the one I missed. Then I did 7 good ones before my arms needed a rest. I cut the last couple out of the video to keep it shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7A0...ature=youtu.be

I also got out wed. after work and tried to do a little live fire practice. Kicking the rust off. Struggled with seeing the sights and calling my shots, you'll see why in the video. I clearly need to improve my turning draw to get GM numbers on this classifier. My turn was in the 1.25-1.40 range for most runs. But, I already knew I've been neglecting my turning draw, but now I have a base line to work from. My best run of the night was only 94.xx%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am6EBwowQGw

Classifier match this weekend, next live fire practice I think I'm going to do El prez. I might try to do that one when the sun is still up.
Very nice! This is exactly the kind of thing I want out of this thread. I will try and post a couple vids next week.

Are you doing the classifier match at Sanners Lake this weekend? If so I might see you there. Ill be shooting both morning and afternoon relays.
__________________
Red Hill Tactical Sponsored Shooter:
Use the discount code "targetfocus" for %10 off RHT Holsters

-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:26 PM #7
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Yeah, I'll be shooting morning and afternoon too. I'm running two different limited guns, I want to see if I shoot either one better then the other.
Racinready300ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:30 PM #8
BigT5g's Avatar
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
BigT5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
Nice! I'm on squads 6 and 7. Trevor S.
__________________
Red Hill Tactical Sponsored Shooter:
Use the discount code "targetfocus" for %10 off RHT Holsters

-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:16 PM #9
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
Racinready300ex Racinready300ex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 345
I think I'm on 4 and 11. Mike,

Blue Bullets and a gold gun lol
Racinready300ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:21 PM #10
BigT5g's Avatar
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
BigT5g BigT5g is offline
Senior Member
BigT5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbia, MD (Alaska in my dreams)
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinready300ex View Post
I think I'm on 4 and 11. Mike,

Blue Bullets and a gold gun lol
I'm a bayou bullets man myself but I did recently order 3300 of the blue bullets to try.
__________________
Red Hill Tactical Sponsored Shooter:
Use the discount code "targetfocus" for %10 off RHT Holsters

-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service