• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    A rubberized magpul k2 grip that Parker mounted machine modified to fit the scar, makes a world of difference handing the rifle

I quite enjoyed that grip when I had the rifle, but it necessitated using an extended mag button. After several buttons on several rifles, I no longer use extended buttons.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Sorry haven't shown you guys yet !

Attachments

• IMG_3475.jpg
      IMG_3475.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 375

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Congrats, absolutely love mine and so does everyone else that shoots it. Cost of entry was the toughest thing to swallow but its worth it.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Update - my SCAR17 ate my Nightforce SHV 3-10x for lunch...

Etched in the stock:

X - Trijicon SRS
    X - Nightforce SHV

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have a buddy that shoots his Scar almost every weekend and has for years . It's a Scoped Rifle , for some reason he has had no issues with it eating scopes. He mostly shoots his suppressed.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Update - my SCAR17 ate my Nightforce SHV 3-10x for lunch...

Etched in the stock:

X - Trijicon SRS
    X - Nightforce SHV

On several other forums and groups nightforce has been stellar, the 2.5-10 is pretty popular too and supposedly is holding up great, I wonder what happened with yours

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    On several other forums and groups nightforce has been stellar, the 2.5-10 is pretty popular too and supposedly is holding up great, I wonder what happened with yours

Wish I knew... but I have the SHV 3-10x not the NXS 2.5-10x. I have an NXS on a M1A, I'm considering moving it to the SCAR17 but it has a different reticle that I don't like as much.

I put the SWFA 1-6x HD back on it for now.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Wish I knew... but I have the SHV 3-10x not the NXS 2.5-10x. I have an NXS on a M1A, I'm considering moving it to the SCAR17 but it has a different reticle that I don't like as much.

I put the SWFA 1-6x HD back on it for now.

You have a ton Of high end scopes lol
    Which do you prefer for close up to mid range work ?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Put a after market trigger in my scar 17 this weekend. Boy what a improvement! !! Ended up with a 2 stage Geissele ( was originally looking at a timney , but couldn't find 1 at Chantilly ) saw a Steiner fixed 5x prism scope that caught my interest for it as well !!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    An MDS member let me shoot his a couple weeks ago. Very nice rifle. Wish I could afford one :o

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Put a after market trigger in my scar 17 this weekend. Boy what a improvement! !! Ended up with a 2 stage Geissele ( was originally looking at a timney , but couldn't find 1 at Chantilly ) saw a Steiner fixed 5x prism scope that caught my interest for it as well !!!

I originally went with the Timney, it was a mistake. The trigger itself has very sharp edges which I found annoying and even more annoying was that I was experiencing light strikes. Timney sent me a heavier hammer spring and it helped, but didn't solve the issue.

I finally broke down and bought the Geissele, at first I wasn't real impressed with it until I greased the contact points. Now I love it. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom