• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    This is my first experience with Dynamic Defense Concepts. I emailed them literally days before the class to see if they had an opening. I had a response back in minutes. One spot was open due to a cancellation. You sign up for classes on the website and then emails are sent with instructions on payment, class information, and waivers . The administration part was smooth and seamless.

This class was held in Taneytown behind Bollinger Gunsmithing. There is a small private range behind the shop. Your vehicles are parked within sight of the range. there is no "classroom" all of the instruction is done on the range. one of the gear recommendations is to bring a folding chair. I agree a chair is needed.

The class size was 6 students and 2 instructors. The instructors were Trevor and Matt. Trevor was more of the lead instructor, while matt gave one on one attention with students that were having trouble. They worked very well together.

Class started around 11am. We had a safety brief. then we went over gear where one of the students had some issues with their gear and rifle. Trevor and Matt went out of their way to accommodate the students. they went as far as to make a single point sling attachment with zip ties. While working on shooting positions we verified zero on some of the rifles that students were unsure of.

The class was a basic rifle course. so the concepts taught were the basics. topics covered were shooting positions, reloading, malfunctions, shooting from behind cover, shooting on the move. transition from target to target. i am probably missing somethings. the shooting positions are not the only the basic standing, knelling, prone but others like 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock and the ready positions.

Trevor and Matt teaching style is hands on. the student experience level in the class varied, some were very raw maybe only handled a rifle a few times. others were very experienced shooters. They are not the scream at you when you are doing something wrong type. they step in to try to help you, this is especially good for the new students. sometimes the drill instructor types will be intimidating. But they did push the more experience students. Trevor and Matt tailored their teaching style for the individual student. this is what i like most about them.

They ended the class with a final scenario that was timed. it incorporated all of the topics covered in the class. the class ended around 5pm. if i could change something it would have been the weather. freezing cold and nasty wind made for a very cold day. i will be taking this class and the advance class again in the summer. so my guess i will be complaining about it being too hot in July.

I had a great time in the class. it was a very friendly environment geared toward defensive training. I highly recommend this class and any classes they offer. I will be attending other classes in the future

Last edited:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Thank you for the kind words!! We look forward to having you back for future training!

Best,
    Trevor S.

PS: I agree about the weather. We are the kings of hard shooting conditions!

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    Be careful of what you wish for. I took their competition skills class last August and it was well over 100 degrees. We had to end the class slightly short due to the heat getting to people.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I will be there in July as well. The heat don't bother me as much. The cold wasn't bad it more of the wind. Either way it was and will be a good class in July.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom