• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    According to Handgun Control Inc., the Violence Policy Center, the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, and other unimaginatively-named organizations, the rapid increase in the numbers of guns sold in the last few years, combined with the adoption of "shall-issue" concealed carry of firearms laws, means the "streets are running with blood" in the "wild west" atmosphere that is brought about by them; after all, more guns = more crime, right?

Don't you find it interesting that reality isn't cooperating with these assertions?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    According to Handgun Control Inc., the Violence Policy Center, the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, and other unimaginatively-named organizations, the rapid increase in the numbers of guns sold in the last few years, combined with the adoption of "shall-issue" concealed carry of firearms laws, means the "streets are running with blood" in the "wild west" atmosphere that is brought about by them; after all, more guns = more crime, right?

Don't you find it interesting that reality isn't cooperating with these assertions?

It proves itself time and time again without fail. Yet they are as afraid of guns as as small child is afraid of the monster under the bed. It is the same irrational belief leading to the same irrational fear.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Yea, it's amazing; historically and factually reality hasn't cooperated with these assertions ever!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    It proves itself time and time again without fail. Yet they are as afraid of guns as as small child is afraid of the monster under the bed. It is the same irrational belief leading to the same irrational fear.

Perfect!!!!

Happa Haole

Happa Haole
    Nov 23, 2012
    Gun control is for "my safety" I feel far more vulnerable waiting for someone else to protect me. Just me?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It's far more dangerous today than the "wild west" ever was. Would someone let the antis know guns protected pioneers and helped them harvest food.

Cops don't carry guns to protect you, they are to protect themselves.

Once people recognize and respect guns simply as the tools they are; the better off we all will be. Too many legislators with no experience with firearms and misconceptions based on tv/movies.

Heres a movie they should watch.

http://www.atlasshruggedmovie.com

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    In WI (the 49th state to allow CC) the prediction was for gutters awash in the blood of innocents due to the rampant gun violence by "crazy CC'ers". Yet, in the first year there have been exactly 2 (two) cases of a CC'er involved shootings. In both cases the CC'er was faced with an armed attacker and in both cases the attacker left with extra holes. And in both cases the CCer was not charged nor prosecuted.

Now they are up to 130-140,000 CC licenses issued and still dry gutters. Unless you count the blood of those involved in illegal shootouts....

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia

When my daughter first came to me and said she couldn't get to sleep because there was a monster under her bed, I pulled out my 1911, went into her bedroom, looked under the bed, said, nope monster is gone, but if he comes back daddy will shoot him. Monsters under the bed or in the closet were never a problem again.

She turns 21 in a little over a month and has already said she is getting her VA CHP.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When my daughter first came to me and said she couldn't get to sleep because there was a monster under her bed, I pulled out my 1911, went into her bedroom, looked under the bed, said, nope monster is gone, but if he comes back daddy will shoot him. Monsters under the bed or in the closet were never a problem again.

She turns 21 in a little over a month and has already said she is getting her VA CHP.

Ever see the movie Major Payne?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

I did the same thing with a 12 gauge and my nephew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom