• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Think about how stupid Cuomo looked with his drawn out yelling campaign style delivery of "no one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer". Rates right up there with Howard Dean's "YAAAA"

No, we don't want to be received in that way.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    college degree (finance)
    hunter (and AR owner)
    lives in the city (for 3 more weeks)
    owns a nice suit

I'll try to get my wife to attend too (loves guns, Master's Degree student)

I'll see you on the 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Great points by the OP. You want every delegate/senator to feel that in a crisis, they could trust you to protect their family. Don't look like type of person they need to protect their family from! Don't give the soccer moms reason to fear us.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    2. We need vocal women. Many guys own guns, but the legislature wants to see women and mothers, not the typical "gun owning guy.".

So true :thumbsup:, Need to orchestrate the "presenters" who ever signs up to speak, remember not everyone in a group will be able to speak, usually one spokes person has less than 3 minutes and others say the famous Committee presenter slogan "ME TOO" I know its school day but also younger men and women (teen agers/young adults) have been successful in Committee Hearings in the past on Hunting Bills, sends a broader message.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Good points.

I saw a liberal who believes if we ban guns, itll be a perfect word post a tweet by some girl who said her right to own a gun is in the 10 commandments.

Thats the type of thing to avoid. The media goes looking for it, and sadly a lot of times gun owners fall right into it.

Look at how upset people got when we asked them not to bring the Gadsen flag to the 6th.

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    So true :thumbsup:, Need to orchestrate the "presenters" who ever signs up to speak, remember not everyone in a group will be able to speak, usually one spokes person has less than 3 minutes and others say the famous Committee presenter slogan "ME TOO" I know its school day but also younger men and women (teen agers/young adults) have been successful in Committee Hearings in the past on Hunting Bills, sends a broader message.

I might bring my 11 year old daughter and let her read a short statement. She is the proud owner of a 20 gauge weatherby semi- auto. It was one of the only guns we could find that didn't kick her so hard. Although she dosen't officially hunt yet, she does target shoot to learn the proper skills.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I might bring my 11 year old daughter and let her read a short statement. She is the proud owner of a 20 gauge weatherby semi- auto. It was one of the only guns we could find that didn't kick her so hard. Although she dosen't officially hunt yet, she does target shoot to learn the proper skills.

I don't see why you can't sign her up and have her testify....this would be GREAT!!!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some excellent points brought up in this thread. What a lot of people fail to realize is that this is as much about public relations as it is about Rights. We need to come off as intelligent and sane. There should be no talk about "cold dead hands" as people who are not "gun people" are put off by this talk. I know this isn't always a popular viewpoint, but it is what will win hearts and minds.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

I'm already seriously considering pulling my 14 year old daughter out of school that day to testify.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    It's really unfortunate that we have to translate our rights into trite liberal-approved activities and show our credentials to be taken seriously.

"Don't arbitrarily ban my AR!......because target shooting is really fun". :sad20:

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    3. Tell them your education - college, graduate school, etc... They will take your opinion more seriously. If you have a degree of any sort tell them, otherwise they will assume you are uneducated. If you went to trade school instead of college, tell them that too. They want to see educated and well-informed people.

Any suggestions for how to work this into the conversation? I could certainly stand up, list my degrees, the languages I can read, that I have published in peer reviewed journals, etc., etc., before saying why I oppose the bill. Is that the course of action you recommend?

Thanks.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Any suggestions for how to work this into the conversation? I could certainly stand up, list my degrees, the languages I can read, that I have published in peer reviewed journals, etc., etc., before saying why I oppose the bill. Is that the course of action you recommend?

Thanks.

"Good evening senators, by way of introduction my name is LSeries, and I hold degrees in _____ and _____ and reside in _____."

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    What if we talk about the 2nd Amendment specifically? Rather than talk about what we need talk about what the original framers intended. Talk about Heller, Macdonald, Miller and our very own state Constitution?

Would that come across as sounding 'crazy' ?

I feel like we are trying to argue the facts of Sandy Hook, and trying to convince these lawmakers they are wrong. They think the argument is in the realm of what a reasonable person needs. When really is about how gun control has nothing to do with public saftey.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    What if we talk about the 2nd Amendment specifically? Rather than talk about what we need talk about what the original framers intended. Talk about Heller, Macdonald, Miller and our very own state Constitution?

I feel like we are trying to argue the facts of Sandy Hook, and trying to convince these lawmakers they are wrong. They think the argument is in the realm of what a reasonable person needs. When really is about how gun control has nothing to do with public saftey.

Personally, I don't think the antis give a shit about our interpretations of Supreme Court (or lower court) decisions. If they believe it might be unconstitutional, they'll still pass it. They'll let the courts figure it out and in the mean time (the next 5-10 years) we'll be up a creek.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011

As a Dem, my perspective tells me that constitutional arguments don't get much traction, except perhaps the message that a particular law is so obviously unconstitutional (by established precedent) that it will be demolished on judicial review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom