• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I wouldn't buy it sight unseen. It's got BM's cheapest upper. Last time I ordered the same upper directly from BM for about $350, it looked like a troop of monkeys put it together. Chips, scratches, and gouges galore. Non-functional forward assist. 6" long area of ring around the barrel because the vice wasn't tight when the barrel was installed. QC/inspection had to be non-existent before it shipped. At least BM was good about getting me a QC'd replacement.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I wouldn't buy it sight unseen. It's got BM's cheapest upper. Last time I ordered the same upper directly from BM for about $350, it looked like a troop of monkeys put it together. Chips, scratches, and gouges galore. Non-functional forward assist. 6" long area of ring around the barrel because the vice wasn't tight when the barrel was installed. QC/inspection had to be non-existent before it shipped. At least BM was good about getting me a QC'd replacement.

Thanks for the heads up.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I haven't looked at this offer from Bushmaster. But, the best high power score I ever will shoot was with one of their entry level match grade ARs...a very nice 484/500 at 200 yards on a national match course of fire.

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret--'84) been there, done all that.
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, W. Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom