• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Especially for those with aging eyes. Makes it quicker and easier to keep both eyes open and shoot faster and more accurately.

I have one on one of my HD guns, it's upped my game.

Here's one example:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I have one on a G19. Still torn. At 25 ft I'm faster with irons. It helps more at distance. Still trying to master it.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I have a complete, ready to go, gen4 G17 slide assembly with Trijicon RM1 mounted. Slide is also customized with forward serrations, and Burnt Bronze finish. I am looking to sell or trade for it. PM me if interested. I posted it in Classifieds twice but no luck..

Slide has less than 200rnds through it, and looks brand new. Will email pics upon request.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I have a complete, ready to go, gen4 G17 slide assembly with Trijicon RM1 mounted. Slide is also customized with forward serrations, and Burnt Bronze finish. I am looking to sell or trade for it. PM me if interested. I posted it in Classifieds twice but no luck.. Slide has less than 200rnds through it, and looks brand new. Will email pics upon request.

Pm sent.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'm running a Leupold Deltapoint on my M&P CORE. I don't think I would buy another. Neat toy but I just don't shoot it much.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've tried, and now use both red-dot and laser.

In the past I would snarf at either, mostly because I thought they would become a crutch, and also because they weren't very good, too big, and expensive. But now a days, they are much better, cheaper, more reliable, and as I'm getting a bit older, I can 'see' what a big help either red-dot or laser difference they make. A friend also preaches that the laser could help when shooting around an object (cover or concealment), if you can't align your eyes to the sights (like under a bed or around a couch, whatever). In some scenarios i can imagine a laser to dissuade a perp who isn't 100% committed; seeing a red laser spot on their chest could be a changer for most.

Expensive for sure. If I could go with just one or the other (red-dot vs. laser+light), I'd go with the laser+light.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Lasers are great til you have to shoot at distance in daylight. Then the rds has it beat in a big way.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My favorite is a g34 Gen 3 with a burris fastfire 3. Miller the slide for absolute Co witness with irons.

Thumping coke cans at 100 yards gets a bit boring.

My carry gun is a G19/ rmr. I'm really partial to the micro sights on pistols.

Attachments

• 11882395_10207988475735803_6739797965577734600_o.jpg
      11882395_10207988475735803_6739797965577734600_o.jpg
      26.7 KB · Views: 499

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I'm running a Burris fastfire 2 on my ruger mk3 22/45. I find it somewhat difficult to acquire the red dot sometimes and I haven't yet been able to sight it in accurately. I think I'll need a pistol rest to do it.

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    I have a problem seeing red dots. They look like a large comet with a tail which make it impossible to know where the dot actually is.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I love the things; both the heavy and light barrel for my S&W 41 have a Ultradot Matchdot II. My Ruger Mark II 5.5" target has a Tasco PDP2 ( which has been on it for over 20 years), and I just put a Holosun on my wife's AR.

I find the red dot helps make up for the lack of practice time I am able to squeeze out of my life. Just put the red dot on the target and that is where the bullet hits.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I have a Burris Fastfire II on my AR , mounted on a 45 degree picatinny rail.
    That is my go-to for 0-60 yard "invading Zombie" shots!! I have a Vortex Viper 18X scope for longer range shots. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Astigmatism definitely. However while I have a set of glasses to correct this I don't generally use them in shooting. I opted not to have this corrected when they implanted new lenses to correct my cataracts. For one thing the bigger the dot you use the less of an effect the astigmatism has on the flair or comet tail. I use 12-16 MOA dots on C-mores, 8 MOA dots on Burris FF3, and 9 MOA dots on RMRs for action shooting. Your eye will acquire the bigger dots faster than the small ones. That can reduce the difference in the 1st shot time compared to iron or FO sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom