• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The 2nd Session starts at 4:00 PM, when you get here start heading for the State House so we can fill the Galleries on both side of the House Floor.

The plan is to rotate the people in the galleries every 45 minutes en mass. So we will need everyone to fill the State House. We are working on overflow rooms and will post more as it becomes available.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    EARLY ARRIVALS: Go to the overflow room in the House of Delegates, located at 6 Bladen St. Looking from the front of the State House/Lawyer's mall, it's the first building on the right across College Avenue. Go through security about halfway down the building, into the lobby, turn right, and straight back. The overflow room is straight ahead.

For those who cant be there, but want to listen in:

url]http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home[/url]

Go to this site, on the right, there is a "Live" link under "House Session Status" that goes active when they are in session.

Last edited:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm bringing one of the kids so she can see how they make the sausage.

brighid

Feb 6, 2013
    here
    My husband and I can't make it until 6:00 but we'll be there. No time after work to fancy up, is that ok? Or should we be a little later and suit and tie it?

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I'm here now. Is anyone available to give some direction?

sent from a small microwave transmitter using an app2

johncoxsr

Apr 7, 2007
    salisbury md
    Anyone have a accurate list of people who need tone reminded that their funding will be cut . Many unions members have voted to cut funding to those who support this bill.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'll be there around 5 after work.

We should bring tar and feathers. The guards wouldn't let it into the building, but what kind of a statement would a confiscated pile make?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'm here now. Is anyone available to give some direction?

sent from a small microwave transmitter using an app2

Head over to the House of Delegates. Folks are congregating in the overflow room. Turn right off the lobby, down hallway, room is straight ahead.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My husband and I can't make it until 6:00 but we'll be there. No time after work to fancy up, is that ok? Or should we be a little later and suit and tie it?

I don't think you're going to have the opportunity to meet any legislators, only observe the floor debate. I'd say come as you are.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    "Amendments can then be offered from the floor by any member. After all amendments are considered, the presiding officer orders the bill to be printed for its third and final reading."

From the legislation process, does this mean this could go on all night again?

JasonW

Feb 26, 2013
    My wife and 5 kids are on their way now. Will be up there about 2:00. Alas, I have to bring home the bacon so I cannot make it, but hopefuly my family can make a positive impact!

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    "Amendments can then be offered from the floor by any member. After all amendments are considered, the presiding officer orders the bill to be printed for its third and final reading."

Yes. I think that's the plan.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Theoretically, although many are speculating they will wait until the last minute to pass it, so they can go hide afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom