• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    Greetings everyone,

I've been reading this site for quite some time and never really posted. I guess I never felt I had something substantive to add. However, I was wondering if anyone was following or has seen the video from March 8th (joint hearing room) on the Maryland Legislature website. It seems they were going over SB281 again with a rep from Gov MOM and talking about further amendments. See it here:

http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/House/...?catalog=03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c

What do you think about it?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Have not watched it yet. You may get more replies if you post your thoughts before asking others for theirs.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    I am not so sure that is was recorded. If I recall, they decided to not stream it.

Tim Montoya
    Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc
    443-463-3592 cell
    www.allhomes4me.com

I'm not either. I wasn't even sure what I was watching... It just caught me by surprise that it was there.

Have not watched it yet. You may get more replies if you post your thoughts before asking others for theirs.

Thank you. It is about the first hour of the video. I do not know who the lady is since she did not state it for the record. I really didn't have any thoughts on the subject, just that I was hoping some of you all might know what it was about.

My initial thoughts was that this meeting was done under the table or last minute since I didn't see any mention of it here or elsewhere.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Let's see what ultimately happens in Maryland. I see some upset people here lately taking about Attorney's and Lawsuits. I also, see cautious people warning against Newbies that have only 10 posts and are making these threats. I agree, don't take Newbies word immediately yet don't discount it. I got my Utah Permit last Summer, I was asked if I had a Maryland Shooters Account, I responded No, and finally in January I think I set this up. I'm a legitimately concern Marylander.

Baretta said they don't want to leave Maryland because that Polarizes the Nation and States more. Beretta it isn't your job to make All People of the world Play Nice. They want you out, listen to them. If they Vote a certain way, they are kindly telling you to Pack Your Blank.

Look at what's happening in Colorado.

A Colorado TV Producer is about to leave Colorado, already shut down filming production.

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-t...gainst-Colorados-Gun-Proposals-196652091.html

In the email, Bane says that after consulting with three lawyers they've determined that, quote: "these laws are so poorly drafted, and so designed to trap otherwise legal citizens into a crime, that it is simply too dangerous for us to film here."

I'm telling you, if you've not Campaigned at the local and National and Presidential Level, if you've not held Signs at street corners at Election time, If you've not made Phone calls on Election day and if you've not offered rides to registered Gun Advocates to go vote - Then I submit you are not doing enough.

Enough said.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    I also, see cautious people warning against Newbies that have only 10 posts and are making these threats. I agree, don't take Newbies word immediately yet don't discount it.

Thank you for the valuable input. I don't know if you were meaning that others were being cautious of me, but I do understand your concern. I almost didn't post because of that concern. I'd suggest that Newbies like me are definitely concerned to even post. Then, how will we ever post and get involved? There has to be a first somewhere.. and a second...

As for getting involved, I am definitely trying. I've emailed and sent letters to all of the senators and delegates. I've been in vacuum cleaner mode and trying to learn everything possible before I post thoughts that just may well be off base. I just haven't posted a copy of what I sent. I was completely unable to attend the hearings, etc because I was out of state on TDY.

As for the link, I am just merely posting it. No threats from me or anything of the like. It was on the website and I didn't see anyone posting about it here.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    I wasn't speaking of you at all.

It's just the last 2 days, there has been lots of activity here. Let's not forget that it was revealed recently that - Twitter accounts, Freshly created were sending Anti 2nd amendment messages to influential people in Congress, or what not. They were called out.

But as for you, no, I wasn't speaking about you.

I just thought to post my comments on this latest threads, as good as other I suppose.

Thank you for the valuable input. I don't know if you were meaning that others were being cautious of me, but I do understand your concern. I almost didn't post because of that concern. I'd suggest that Newbies like me are definitely concerned to even post. Then, how will we ever post and get involved? There has to be a first somewhere.. and a second...

As for getting involved, I am definitely trying. I've emailed and sent letters to all of the senators and delegates. I've been in vacuum cleaner mode and trying to learn everything possible before I post thoughts that just may well be off base. I just haven't posted a copy of what I sent. I was completely unable to attend the hearings, etc because I was out of state on TDY.

As for the link, I am just merely posting it. No threats from me or anything of the like. It was on the website and I didn't see anyone posting about it here.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    I wasn't speaking of you at all.

It's just the last 2 days, there has been lots of activity here. Let's not forget that it was revealed recently that - Twitter accounts, Freshly created were sending Anti 2nd amendment messages to influential people in Congress, or what not. They were called out.

But as for you, no, I wasn't speaking about you.

I just thought to post my comments on this latest threads, as good as other I suppose.

No problems here. I think I was more adding to what you said. My very thought when posting the original post was "oh gosh, should I post this? I really don't feel like being flamed tonight" :)

And yes, I heard about the twitter accounts. A shame really.

I appreciate your response and look forward to hearing more from you and others. I have seriously come to appreciate this place.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Thanks, great listening.

I think that was MOM's legislative coordinator. She claimed that temporary loans (like from husband to wife while he is out of town) were not covered by the licensing requirement. So doesn't that leave the "straw purchase" issue unaffected?? Crooks just say they loaned the gun?? Duh!!

And I don't think she is correct, either. "Transfers" is the term that excludes temporary loans, as per that Chow v. MD case. "Receive" does not seem to have the same legal interpretation as far as not including temporary possession. I will have to research this some more...

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    Post away If they don't like it F'em Your free to speak your mind. We want to protect the 2nd, exercise your 1st. People can read something else. Get Flamed, Flame back If your Trolling these guy's will figure that out quick. Welcome aboard Newbie Your right we all have to start somewhere.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    Post away If they don't like it F'em Your free to speak your mind. We want to protect the 2nd, exercise your 1st. People can read something else. Get Flamed, Flame back If your Trolling these guy's will figure that out quick. Welcome aboard Newbie Your right we all have to start somewhere.

Thank you. I appreciate the welcome. I will keep what you said in mind. I won't feel hesitant to post now.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks, great listening.

I think that was MOM's legislative coordinator. She claimed that temporary loans (like from husband to wife while he is out of town) were not covered by the licensing requirement. So doesn't that leave the "straw purchase" issue unaffected?? Crooks just say they loaned the gun?? Duh!!

And I don't think she is correct, either. "Transfers" is the term that excludes temporary loans, as per that Chow v. MD case. "Receive" does not seem to have the same legal interpretation as far as not including temporary possession. I will have to research this some more...

Oh ok. I realized she worked for MOM, but nothing else. It helps to know who they are to understand better what points they are trying to make. I found it funny because they made everyone else state their name for the record, but not her. It is also interesting to note her attitude towards the delegates. She was pretty gruff in defending herself/MOM.

I agree with you. The legislative coordinator's response on transfers left it open for interpretation, like the rest of the wording in all of the gun bills. What they simply don't get or understand is what is happening or will happen at ground level. With this language, an officer could theoretically arrest, say a wife of a deployed soldier, for keeping (a transfer if you will) the guns in the house. --please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know a whole lot about the subject.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    We have to be very careful. All it would take is a few infiltrators to do a lot of damage.

No problems here. I totally understand. I've read a ton of messages here regarding that subject, so I am fully aware. I appreciate it and am starting to feel comfy here. I even went and got me some lemonade to drink while I'm here reading. :)

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    Agreed. It was clear that she works as a rep for MOM.

She even sounds like MOM.....wierd. Pack of lies. If 60% of the crimes are committed with legally purchased handguns, why haven't they arrested anyone for straw purchases, etc.... I don't believe 60% of people that buy handguns eventually turn into criminals.

0MN1

Feb 21, 2013
    She even sounds like MOM.....wierd. Pack of lies. If 60% of the crimes are committed with legally purchased handguns, why haven't they arrested anyone for straw purchases, etc.... I don't believe 60% of people that buy handguns eventually turn into criminals.

Yeah she does, but then again she is paid to do so. I'm just learning here, but I think I got the main point: disregard when they speak because they lie just to make a point under pressure or to suit their agenda.

Last edited:

Pyramid

MDS Supporter
    Sep 27, 2008
    AACO
    Yeah she does, but then again she is paid to do so. I'm just learning here, but I think I got the main point: disregard when they speak because they lie just to make a point under pressure or to suit their agenda.

You'll soon learn they use bogus polls, ignore facts, and make bogus emotional please to drive their agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom