• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Pay for the Target Sports USA membership and you can get them on stripper clips and sealed in new ammo cans for less. Free shipping.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    110 lbs in bullets alone, not counting brass and powder. ERPO that weighted down with 200lbs lead in the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    Not to "stir the pot" which I'm being accused of elsewhere, but M855 really isn't that great. Don't get me wrong. If you like it and want it, that's fine. But from what I've read in the past especially in light of the Somalia experience, its pretty sad as a round. Personally, I've kind of relegated it to "range trash" target ammo. Some of the on-line bulk ammo and ammo price sites would probably bring up something better for about the same price? You might even be able to get that price if you were buying that amount in another round, some place else. Like a group buy but for only one person?

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    $3900-500=$3400/12500 rounds...=$0.27 cents/round

I think the math works out?

Your math works, it's just not that great of a deal. You can find better. The rebate I am aware of isn't a $500 rebate on a barrel, it is 5 cents per round up to $500, which is 10K rounds, yes? So if you buy 2500 rounds beyond that, you aren't getting the rebate on that amount. So the best deals are on ~10K rounds vs 12.5K.

TargetSportsUSA has it loose in 1K round cases for under 25 cents a round and the member price is under 23 cents a round if you buy 10K.
    Or you want to pay about 1 cent a round more than the barrel price you will get it on stripper clips with two dozen free ammo cans (420 rounds per can x 24 cans = 10,080 rounds). The member price on those 24 cans is under 26 cents per round.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Your math works, it's just not that great of a deal. You can find better. The rebate I am aware of isn't a $500 rebate on a barrel, it is 5 cents per round up to $500, which is 10K rounds, yes? So if you buy 2500 rounds beyond that, you aren't getting the rebate on that amount. So the best deals are on ~10K rounds vs 12.5K.

TargetSportsUSA has it loose in 1K round cases for under 25 cents a round and the member price is under 23 cents a round if you buy 10K.
    Or you want to pay about 1 cent a round more than the barrel price you will get it on stripper clips with two dozen free ammo cans (420 rounds per can x 24 cans = 10,080 rounds). The member price on those 24 cans is under 26 cents per round.

Ya its not the best $/rd but the barrel is cool...essentially the barrel costs $78

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom