• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I saw a wreck but I did not see any High Road.

His point ,which he did a very bad job of making, is that while its fun to talk about action and dick and such, it may offend the folks we need to reach..

Of course what he actually said is that we are all children.. which as you point out was not the high road. Thus the ironic asspect of my comment. But he did avoid taking the bait... maybe..;)

So my point is. ...don't worry about what others say. Just say what you want to say.

I hope we can move on... it was clearly not the best way to proceed.. but as I said I hope we can move on..

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Great point!

Imagine the hooha and teeth-gnashing if Rick Perry came in to do the same things!!

I really like Rick Perry and wish we would get a governor like him but I have doubts he and his type would ever be received well in this state, not to mention influencing the libtards into voting R.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    His point ,which he did a very bad job of making, is that while its fun to talk about action and dick and such, it may offend the folks we need to reach..

There is some wisdom in this statement.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Really? Myopic simply means "near sighted". Gotta look at the big picture. Simply put. I'll shut up now.

I know what it means..

But why are you impliing other wise? Or why are you saying he us to stupid to see the big picture?

Hint.... he does. We do.

Do you think there was not a better way to make your point?

If so then I will be the one to shut up.

;)

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I know what it means..

But why are you impliing other wise? Or why are you saying he us to stupid to see the big picture?

Hint.... he does. We do.

Do you think there was not a better way to make your point?

If so then I will be the one to shut up.

;)

I never said he was stupid. I was defending my post.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I won't read through 7 pages... but one thing I have noticed... There seems to be an awful lot of bickering between members of this forum. Geez... It's really annoying to start reading a thread that may be of interest, only to have it take a massive shit in the second or third page. Sometimes more, sometimes less... Really getting tough to point people to MDS for good info, when all they are going to find is infighting amongst it's members.

Rant off... Flame away.:mad54:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I won't read through 7 pages... but one thing I have noticed... There seems to be an awful lot of bickering between members of this forum. Geez... It's really annoying to start reading a thread that may be of interest, only to have it take a massive shit in the second or third page. Sometimes more, sometimes less... Really getting tough to point people to MDS for good info, when all they are going to find is infighting amongst it's members.

Is. You talking the me......;)Is you talking to me;)

Oh never mind. ;)

:)

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware

Years ago, before the internet, people had conversations over coffee...beer...cokes...name your drink of choice. The conversations weren't much different than todays except there wasn't another thousand people listening in. We all have opinions and they are important.
    Unfortunately in today's world, if you disagree with someone in a forum you are labeled a troll. I enjoy good conversation and debate and I have to believe that there are others that feel the same.

No flame here...just an opinion.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Yep. You're right. I challenge you to find a single post in my 10K posts where I did this? Its easy, make your point, inform those you can and ignore the rest.

Now back to the topic at hand -

If I were MDA, I'd be reading this thread and taking notes.

If I could say anything to them, I'd say:

{you fill in this space, what would you want them to know?}

Mom, please come back. I understand that guns are dangerous, that's why mine are locked up or on me at all times. I know dumbasses, criminals and kids sometimes do terrible things with guns from time to time; but everyday guns are used thousands of times for good. Mom, you might not have gone with dad and I hunting, or target shooting, and you weren't home that night dad had to put a pistol in his back pocket when that crazy guy was banging our door nearly off the hinges. I'm glad dad had that pistol, and if that crazy bastard had broken in I think dad would have used it to protect us. Mom, remember those 20 years I served in the Army; we had a lot of guns, I probably should have told you sooner, but I carried a gun almost every day of my life, even when I visited you at Christmas. Please don't encourage these politicians to take our rights away, we need these guns. The badguys are going to get them no matter what. Mom, please come back, come back to your senses.

- respectfully submitted by a man who loves his mother

splfd

Jul 27, 2011
    Unfree State
    Yep. You're right. I challenge you to find a single post in my 10K posts where I did this? Its easy, make your point, inform those you can and ignore the rest.

Now back to the topic at hand -
    U
    If I were MDA, I'd be reading this thread and taking notes.

If I could say anything to them, I'd say:

{you fill in this space, what would you want them to know?}

Mom, please come back. I understand that guns are dangerous, that's why mine are locked up or on me at all times. I know dumbasses, criminals and kids sometimes do terrible things with guns from time to time; but everyday guns are used thousands of times for good. Mom, you might not have gone with dad and I hunting, or target shooting, and you weren't home that night dad had to put a pistol in his back pocket when that crazy guy was banging our door nearly off the hinges. I'm glad dad had that pistol, and if that crazy bastard had broken in I think dad would have used it to protect us. Mom, remember those 20 years I served in the Army; we had a lot of guns, I probably should have told you sooner, but I carried a gun almost every day of my life, even when I visited you at Christmas. Please don't encourage these politicians to take our rights away, we need these guns. The badguys are going to get them no matter what. Mom, please come back, come back to your senses.

- respectfully submitted by a man who loves his mother

That was really great brother. (Seriously)

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    why would you be embarrassed? you are not them.

believe or not.. there are more women that are pro 2a. ;)

Oh I know and I probably should've worded that a bit different. It's more so that as a woman they embarrass me not so much that they make me embarrassed to be a woman. Ugh...reading it back to myself days later has a much different ring than when I wrote it. At any rate, I'm betting those...ahem..."teh momz" and their sugar daddy are quite perturbed this evening, given the results of all the elections last night. I think the American people told them, in a round about way, to pound sand too. I read earlier that the new guy in TX will be signing a carry bill. That should cool the whole OCT stuff down a bit and really piss MDA off.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hope the Moms, and their Bloomberg babydaddy, like the action they got yesterday.
    Lord knows I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom