C&R forms - CLEO compliance - Front and back?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    I was talking to a guy at work about this and he said that he sent only his front copy to the CLEO of the c&R renewal... Do we need to copy the front and the back? OR just fill out a new form and leave the payment information blank?

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I always wondered what they do with these things. Does it go right into the shredder or do they waste time trying to figure out what it is?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I always wondered what they do with these things. Does it go right into the shredder or do they waste time trying to figure out what it is?

Some CLEO’s actually do read the ATF forms when you send them in. Mine sent me back a thank you letter when I submitted my SBR paperwork. I’m assuming he will probably do the same when I submit my C&R paperwork.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just hand them in at the local PD, explaining that it's merely informational; the Chief can circular file it if he wishes, there's no action required.

I've never heard anything back from them.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

Probably depends on what county you live in. I'm sure there's a file with my name on it as a "person of interest" in the Sheriff's office here in MoCo.

Not sure how relevant this is, but I believe its all contained in one PDF form now, and it automatically contains both copies for the ATF and CLEO. I'd send it all just to be sure.

Also, a question, I mailed my (first time) copies out a few days ago (already getting anxious haha), but I noticed there wasn't any spot for the security code for credit card payment. Anyone who has paid by credit card willing to confirm that its fine and put my mind at ease?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There's actually no way for anyone to ever confirm one way or another whether or not the form was actually sent in at all.

It's just like **** on a boar hog: they are merely a reflection of sorts of the actually functioning **** on a sow. Likewise, this C&R CLEO notification reflects the actual meaningful CLEO notification on the other (01/07 etc.) FFL applications.

In other words, because a CLEO notification is required for an 01 FFL (they will probably inspect the business premises, etc.), the requirement gets carried over to the 03 FFL form. Likewise, because a sow needs working **** to feed all those little piggies, the boar hog gets a decorative set which serves no purpose.

Likewise, no one actually knows who the CLEO is. You could send it to the Chief of County police, your sheriff, or the Superintendent of State Police, and hopefully none of them would actually care. I sent mine to my Sheriff, figuring he was most likely to shred it.

The moral of the story is, don't overthink it.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    There's actually no way for anyone to ever confirm one way or another whether or not the form was actually sent in at all.

It's just like **** on a boar hog: they are merely a reflection of sorts of the actually functioning **** on a sow. Likewise, this C&R CLEO notification reflects the actual meaningful CLEO notification on the other (01/07 etc.) FFL applications.

In other words, because a CLEO notification is required for an 01 FFL (they will probably inspect the business premises, etc.), the requirement gets carried over to the 03 FFL form. Likewise, because a sow needs working **** to feed all those little piggies, the boar hog gets a decorative set which serves no purpose.

Likewise, no one actually knows who the CLEO is. You could send it to the Chief of County police, your sheriff, or the Superintendent of State Police, and hopefully none of them would actually care. I sent mine to my Sheriff, figuring he was most likely to shred it.

The moral of the story is, don't overthink it.
    LOL you figured it out too...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, my FFL-03 I went to the chief of HoCo police. When I did the form 4 for my silencer (still waiting on it being approved) Silencer Co auto entered MDSP superintendent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom