• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    I got an email recently about this chassis: https://sharpsbros.com/heatseeker-chassis-w-14-carbon-fiber-hand-guard/

It's available now for Howa mini action which is exciting since it's the only kind of center-fire bolt action I now shoot, and I have a Grendel barreled action with no chassis at present...

Anyone have experience with this? How does the Sig MPX style interface for the handguard compare to regular AR handguards?

Most importantly, how does this handguard compare to the LSS lite I've used up to now?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

jsharps

Dec 18, 2019
    Hey man. John Sharps here. I own Sharps Bros. Available to answer any questions. We went with the Howa Mini Action first for a few reasons: 1) I personally love the 6.5Grendel caliber. Perfect for all kinds of mid size game and long range shooting 2) low cost of barreled actions through Brownells 3) really like the Howa 2stage 2.5lb trigger 4) Howa accuracy guarantee along with Howa Lifetime guarantee.

We just started shipping these recently (Nov/Dec 2019), so not a lot of them out there yet.

As for the handguard interface... typical AR handguard requires barrel nut to mount to. With our handguard for the chassis it just slips over the top of the chassis in a friction fit, then locks in with a cross pin. Similar to how Sig MPX handguard attaches to the MPX. This makes install simple, keeps it lightweight (14" carbon fiber handguard only adds 5.5 ounces). It's rigid as well. I added a video link to the product page you shared above so if you want to see how a build goes together you can. - JSharps

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    John,

Thank you for responding, and backing your product.

The Grendel barreled action is exactly where I'd be putting this, it's a fun all-around caliber to have.

Is the handguard a completely custom design you make exclusively for this chassis, or is it compatible with other Sig rifles (such as their bolt they recently announced)?

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Hey man. John Sharps here. I own Sharps Bros. Available to answer any questions. We went with the Howa Mini Action first for a few reasons: 1) I personally love the 6.5Grendel caliber. Perfect for all kinds of mid size game and long range shooting 2) low cost of barreled actions through Brownells 3) really like the Howa 2stage 2.5lb trigger 4) Howa accuracy guarantee along with Howa Lifetime guarantee.

We just started shipping these recently (Nov/Dec 2019), so not a lot of them out there yet.

As for the handguard interface... typical AR handguard requires barrel nut to mount to. With our handguard for the chassis it just slips over the top of the chassis in a friction fit, then locks in with a cross pin. Similar to how Sig MPX handguard attaches to the MPX. This makes install simple, keeps it lightweight (14" carbon fiber handguard only adds 5.5 ounces). It's rigid as well. I added a video link to the product page you shared above so if you want to see how a build goes together you can. - JSharps

John,
    Thanks for chiming in here! I asked on IG but didn't get an answer but, how would one go about using a cleaning rod?

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Thanks for answering.

That's why the RPR is great, the stock swings sideways and a rod can go in from the chamber out.

jsharps

Dec 18, 2019
    Yes any of the AR folding adapters (Law Tactical, SB Tactical, MDT, etc) will work on the Heatseeker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom