• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Coming up. Obviously there is no crime in Howard County, right?

Hopefully its something cool and interesting, like a murder (oh wait, we don't really have those). If its a pervert I will not be looking at evidence photos.

Maybe I should sport a "Jurors can say Not Guilty when people break unjust laws" pin.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    I've somehow managed to never get selected for jury duty.

That said...
    81481c1c1ce1b52896a229699bc48378.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Coming up. Obviously there is no crime in Howard County, right?

Hopefully its something cool and interesting, like a murder (oh wait, we don't really have those). If its a pervert I will not be looking at evidence photos.

Maybe I should sport a "Jurors can say Not Guilty when people break unjust laws" pin.

There was a double stabbing in North Laurel yesterday.

News Release Update: Police continue to investigate non-fatal double stabbing in Laurel

Howard County police are continuing to investigate a double stabbing incident that occurred in Laurel on June 14.

Officers were called to the 10100 block of Washington Boulevard at approximately 7 p.m. for a report that two adult men had been stabbed.

Niger Berry, 39, of Stone Mountain, Ga., was flown to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center with a stab wound to the torso and is currently in fair condition. Barry McCray, 35, of Laurel, was transported to Laurel Regional Hospital with a less-serious stab wound to the torso. He was treated and released.

Preliminarily, detectives believe Berry and McCray confronted two subjects in a shopping center parking lot with a baseball bat. An altercation ensued and one of the men stabbed McCray and Berry with a knife. Police have not been able to confirm why the confrontation occurred and are investigating any possible connection among the men.

Police are seeking additional information about the incident. One of the subjects is described as a black male in his 20’s, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall, with short hair and a beard. The other is described as a black male in his 30’s, approximately 6 feet tall, 210 lbs., wearing a white t-shirt. Both fled the scene on-foot.

Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or has any information should contact police at 410-313-STOP or HCPDcrimetips@howardcountymd.gov.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Despite the fact that my wife thinks its questionable whether I speak English, I have no real reason to get out of it. Other than the fact that my face is sensitive to face-palming.

Been a while since I was on a jury. When lived in the city we got called every year.

I highly doubt we will get the stabbing. Trial dates are set months and months out.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I got jury duty within the first 4 months I lived here. Luckily I got the call the night before that my services were not needed.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Despite the fact that my wife thinks its questionable whether I speak English, I have no real reason to get out of it. Other than the fact that my face is sensitive to face-palming.

Been a while since I was on a jury. When lived in the city we got called every year.

I highly doubt we will get the stabbing. Trial dates are set months and months out.

:lol: That's a great opening line!

I got called once, selected, and even promoted to foreman. Just before it really started to happen, this jackass juror spoke directly to the defendant in the hallway, then announced to all of us that she (defendant) was really sorry about the whole thing. So, we were tainted and put back in the waiting room to be potentially selected for a different trial. Aside from being pissed at the jackass for being a jackass, I also felt bad for those involved...the case had already been dragging on for several years...now it was postponed again:sad20:

Thank you for being willing to accept your duty:patriot:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    In pass 21 years I've been call for jury duty 5 times for county cases and 1 time for state, never go to the point I was selected to seat on the jury. I guess they didn't like that I'm from Texas, we hang jay walkers.:rolleyes:

Jury duty is the price you pay for, Voting, paying yours tax's and not being a criminal, that pool of people is drying up.:sad20:

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    My wife got picked for jury, local thugs with murder and dope. Different individuals gang signing outside and inside the proceedings for a substantial time seeing who was there. I was picked a short while later and wrote a letter to the judge explaining why I would be biased, he didn't allow an excusal and didn't care about the ramifications of citizens doing their job and then a woman not being permitted to take extra measures to protect herself afterwards. The experience created alot of cynicism and lack of confidence in the legal system to say the least. You do the right thing by being a good citizen and once they are done with you they could care less. Thats something to think about or consider when you live in a county with 30,000 people. Makes it real easy to bump into the same person or they're family members frequently whether they are unsavory characters or not. You have to look at everybody all the time afterwards.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Wish I'd get called for Jury Duty. Haven't been called once since moving to the county. When I was in the City I was called 4 times.
    I'm retired so happy to participate.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Have no fear, they will plea deal with the guilty to avoid a jury trial.

Over 90% of all cases get a plea deal. The remainder? I think the rest all get dropped so the prosecutors don't have to actually do anything. There are some prosecutors who will push for a trial, but they seem to be far and few between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom