• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If a person doesn't need to have a hunting license to hunt their own property, how can hunting license rules pertain to that property owner?

This is the part I don't understand.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Landowner is exempt from purchasing Lic . Still expected by abide by seasons, limits, regs, etc .

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Landowner also has to check in the deer they take on their own property. The only safety reason I can see for this is so hunters on an adjoining property can see you. I was up in a treestand one time and watched another hunter climb up into a tree 'house' with his folding chair, put up his burlap screen and settle back in for a minute before he jerked up and looked at me. I just waved. He was on his land I was on mine and neither of us had orange on.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    If a person doesn't need to have a hunting license to hunt their own property, how can hunting license rules pertain to that property owner?

This is the part I don't understand.

Landowners still have to have the license or id (free) to have a DNR id # so they can check in using the phone or online system.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Ok, so it's ground blinds only? I have a raised blind, 8 feet off the ground. Does that require orange markings?

One of the regs some landowners hate is the furbearer permit. No lisc required to shoot deer, but have to buy a 5.00 stamp for a coyote? And how about the stupidity of not allowing you to shoot a furbearer on sunday, esp a coyote?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Think I'll buy my license today. It's the unofficial beginning of the 2017-18 hunting season.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The regulations will probably not be ready until the middle of the month.

The current digital version is still showing last year's regulations.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Be aware that:
    • Children, spouses, and property owners
    (hunting on the owned property) are required to wear fluorescent orange.
    • Those who hunt with archery equipment during the Junior Deer Hunting Days, Deer Firearms and Deer Muzzleloader Seasons are required to wear fluorescent orange.
    • Deer archery hunters hunting in Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, and Washington counties during the open black bear season are required to wear fluorescent orange.

Those exempt from the requirement of wearing fluorescent orange are:
    • except as noted above, a person who hunts deer during the Deer Archery Season.
    • a person authorized by a Falconry Permit who hunts game birds or mammals using falcons, hawks or owls.
    • a person who hunts or accompanies, aids, or assists another person hunting the following species: ◦brant
    ◦coot
    ◦crow
    ◦dove
    ◦ducks
    ◦furbearing mammals
    ◦geese
    ◦rails
    ◦snipe
    ◦wild turkey

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/general-hunting-regulations/

The 2017-2018 Hunting guide can be found at:
    http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I can see some of your concerns for why to wear it all the time, but when I am on my property that the bank doesn't own and I pay my taxes for that property I don't think they should be allowed to tell what I have to wear. Will I do it, yes. but I think it's just one more thing they are sticking their fingers where they don't belong. Look for a big spike of orange at the stores this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom