• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Here is the first bear pic of the year. Looks pretty healthy although PA didn't have a brutal winter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 915

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    nice! bear season opens here sat...we are trying to get things set up but weather is slowing us down a bit. We got a new place set up just have to bait it SAT and hope for the best.

starmetal

Apr 5, 2017
    Nice bear. Cool that MD has them. They claim Maine has the highest population, but I think that is wrong because here in TN we blow the doors off Maine. I live in the mountains and we are polluted with bears. I don't have much trouble with them except for digging holes all over my property, including the yard right next to my house, looking for yellow jacket nests. Some of the nicer ones go almost 700 pounds. It doesn't help that we have a bear reserve 12 miles from me. Some of the bad boys they trap from Smokey Mountain National Park end up there. Might explain to why lots of bears here aren't to afraid of humans. Yes we have a pretty long bear season both with and without dogs.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Nice bear. Cool that MD has them. They claim Maine has the highest population, but I think that is wrong because here in TN we blow the doors off Maine. I live in the mountains and we are polluted with bears. I don't have much trouble with them except for digging holes all over my property, including the yard right next to my house, looking for yellow jacket nests. Some of the nicer ones go almost 700 pounds. It doesn't help that we have a bear reserve 12 miles from me. Some of the bad boys they trap from Smokey Mountain National Park end up there. Might explain to why lots of bears here aren't to afraid of humans. Yes we have a pretty long bear season both with and without dogs.
    700lbs is a huge bear!

Nice pics ... But I keep bees and I don't want the bears anywhere near me.
    electric fence;)

starmetal

Apr 5, 2017
    700lbs is a huge bear!

electric fence;)

I was surprised how big the bear are here. I can tell you the whitetail deer sure aren't!!!!! Wife likes venison, but said no to bear so I have no reason to hunt them. We have wild boar, but not in my area of East TN in mountain area.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Hi buddy, no he isn't any of the 7 there were coming in. I'm hoping the 2 clowns that were tagged will be back, it was a crazy year there there for sure. 2 weeks ago when I was up I saw a buck that had both sides yet.

Those bears were hilarious

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I read once that New Jersey has the highest bear density per square mile, including Canada.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom