• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I got a flyer in the mail today and I still don't see what the big deal is. It's a Cabelas store.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Cool. Will be the closest Cabela's from Frederick area, with the option to take 15 South or 270 South/66 West depending on traffic.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    They have certainly been advertising the heck out of it on the radio the past few days. Hopefully it's a bigger store than the one in Delaware and closer to the size of the one in Hamburg. That one is an epic store!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They have certainly been advertising the heck out of it on the radio the past few days. Hopefully it's a bigger store than the one in Delaware and closer to the size of the one in Hamburg. That one is an epic store!

It didn'tlook that big to me, driving by it(4 times:mad54:). It looked more like the size of the Gander Mountain in Woodbridge Va. Still, I think it's closer to me than BPS. :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    don't know if this is a stock photo or the real thing.

Attachments

• cab1.jpg
      cab1.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 472
    • cab2.jpg
      cab2.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 472

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    guessing they're following the Dick's model, smaller stores that have the basics, and have to go online for everything else.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I went there today, there were a lot of police helping with the event, traffic backed up down the main road, people were walking down the main road from random parking lots. Signs everywhere saying NO CABELAS PARKING. Police working the main entrance to the parking lot was telling people to park at the Jiffy Lube Live (concert place) and to take the shuttle over. Yes They had their own shuttle service. I asked the officer if there was any kid friendly parking since I had a 1 year old with me. She said the best parking was the people who got there yesterday and camped out all night.

It felt like I was leaving a skins game but with a bunch of happy people around.

FYI I said F this, and drove rt29 and checked out the battle fields.

Attachments

• IMG_8675.jpg
      IMG_8675.jpg
      64 KB · Views: 372

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My son went there this morning.
    35 minute wait to get into the parking lot and about 250 people in line to get in

Wiley

MDS Supporter
    Jul 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I went today, parked in the Jiffy Lube lot at around 10:00, and asked what the wait was to get in to the store. Was told that once the bus got to the store it would be a 2 to 3 hour wait to get in. Turned around and came home - might try again in a few weeks.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I was planning on going after I picked up my freshly built upper, since my gunsmith moved north closer to 66. Looks like I'll just go to the range after I pick up my stuff and skip Cabelas for a few weeks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    #2 Shooting and hunting partner waited overnite in line. He called me up on cell phone when he found somthing I'd been looking for at great price. I had him pick it up, and dropped repayment in the mail 10min later.

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    It would be pretty cool if they put a Cabela's in Annapolis or somewhere in central Maryland one day. I guess the Gainesville one was meant to serve those of us closer to DC while the Delaware one serves the Eastern Shore and the Pennsylvania one serves people in the Baltimore area so they never have to be directly within Maryland.

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    I went out there this morning. Definitely a small Cabelas. It was pretty crowded but I was able to get a spot in the main parking lot. I was most interested in reloading stuff. Not sure it was worth the 45 min drive but I didn't have anything else going on this AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom