• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    I am in AA county and planning to buy a safe soon. The safe will be delivered to my garage, can anyone suggest a safe moving company and how much they will charge? I asked Baldinos, but it is coming out to be crazy expensive for 1000 lbs safe.

Thanks!

trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    Carolina Safes in Waldorf. They should be able to put it right where you want it.

Thanks! I will give them a call. I have been looking for safes and didn't find many options in MD, and forced me to look online. Now, I am kind of locked in with Sturdysafe.

thumbert

Mar 23, 2015
    SOMD
    Thanks! I will give them a call. I have been looking for safes and didn't find many options in MD, and forced me to look online. Now, I am kind of locked in with Sturdysafe.

That's unfortunate. Carolina Safe has a big showroom and warehouse.

trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    I have not purchased the safe yet, but have narrowed down to Sturdy. I will give a call to Carolina safe and go there this week to see what they have. Though, I really like the simplicity and built of Sturdy.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I was in a similar position a couple years ago. Talked to Baldinos and wasn't impressed. Also, some places won't move a safe that you didn't buy from them.

I went with: http://www.securesolutionslocksmith.com

They are out of Pasadena.

The whole process went flawlessly. Communication was great, showed up on time, used a stair climber, etc. They didn't ask but I tipped the guys in addition to the install price. I was that pleased.

Having a safe moved by someone that knows what they are doing and is insured is not cheap.

Before you order, talk to the mover and they will work with you to make sure what you want to happen is possible. I seem to remember 1000lbs was the max they felt comfortable moving up or down your average residential staircase. That might not matter in your case. Good luck.

trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    I was in a similar position a couple years ago. Talked to Baldinos and wasn't impressed. Also, some places won't move a safe that you didn't buy from them.

I went with: http://www.securesolutionslocksmith.com

They are out of Pasadena.

The whole process went flawlessly. Communication was great, showed up on time, used a stair climber, etc. They didn't ask but I tipped the guys in addition to the install price. I was that pleased.

Having a safe moved by someone that knows what they are doing and is insured is not cheap.

Before you order, talk to the mover and they will work with you to make sure what you want to happen is possible. I seem to remember 1000lbs was the max they felt comfortable moving up or down your average residential staircase. That might not matter in your case. Good luck.

Thanks, I will give them a call. I spoke to Carolina safe, and the owner's wife was very nice. I will hate not to give my money to them, but then I liked getting great support from Sturdy too. I may buy Sturdy and have Carolina move it for me. The thing is Liberty, Amsec, and Brownings are build just slightly better than Chinese counterparts. 11 Gauge steel and drywall doesn't do much for me.

trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    Bump. Not getting any responses from the businesses mentioned here for safe moving.

Happy New Year!

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I would try to buy local if at all possible. May pay a bit more but them moving it and you having local help down the road is often worth it. Have never been a fan of the curb side drop off, things can go wrong with that deal. Have seen guys get damages safes or get it dropped off in a rainstorm by the freight company who does NOT care about it nor you.

Or, get one which comes in pieces; it's more discrete on delivery and mobile.

trance3

Jun 13, 2013
    I would try to buy local if at all possible. May pay a bit more but them moving it and you having local help down the road is often worth it. Have never been a fan of the curb side drop off, things can go wrong with that deal. Have seen guys get damages safes or get it dropped off in a rainstorm by the freight company who does NOT care about it nor you.

Or, get one which comes in pieces; it's more discrete on delivery and mobile.

As much as I like to, my heart is set on Sturdy safe. Wish there was someone who was making safes with a similar concept, here in east coast.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Try Thompson Safes in Frederick. He has some nice stuff. He has also moved safes purchased elsewhere. You may also consider delivering your safe to the mover's warehouse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom