• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    How about just cranking out a boat load of quality Sub-2000 rifles, in Glock 17, and be done with it.

I think that goes across al Keltec platforms. Though I have noticed the flow of Sub2000s has been slowly increasing. Glock mag versions still command a premium but its getting better.

Also frankly I don't think Keltec cares if they crank out boatloads, they don't seem to be trying to sell on margin. They greatly favor getting a number of highly desirable guns into the market, let people pay what they want. Not saying its right, but it does make sense why we keep talking about them!

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Last I heard, they were shipping Test & Evaluation models and were spooling up the actual manufacturing; but since they are such a small shop, they can only go so fast.

I was jonsing for it to finally come to market, but between KelTec's constant delays and lies on delivery dates PLUS the lack of quality 22 mag ammo - that ship has sailed for now. Maybe in a couple years when the price comes down a tad.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Last I heard, they were shipping Test & Evaluation models and were spooling up the actual manufacturing; but since they are such a small shop, they can only go so fast.

I was jonsing for it to finally come to market, but between KelTec's constant delays and lies on delivery dates PLUS the lack of quality 22 mag ammo - that ship has sailed for now. Maybe in a couple years when the price comes down a tad.

I agree with you, that's why it took me a long time to get a KSG and only have sniped off a Sub2k when KYGCO got one cheap.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Geeez, yeah agreed, we saw crazy pricing for PMR-30's, and I was happy to get mine at $450, but still hear to this day I overpaid dearly for it. I'll just wait till they come down in price like the PMR's... Don't get me started on the mag pricing either - $50 per at the Chantilly show! DOH! I normally buy 5 mags per gun, but it was hard justifying buying even 1 spare at those prices - its injection molded friggin plastic fer cryin out loud! At least they're hi-cap's... If they wanna gouge, least they can do is offer up something like a foregrip that holds a spare mag - that'd be at least practical to overpay for. I'm OK with paying for innovation, but there is a friggin limit to the madness!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    People are F'ing morons. Almost 3k now? I could get a Remington 700 (.308) threaded, a .30 cal suppressor and decent glass for it for that kind of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Geeez, yeah agreed, we saw crazy pricing for PMR-30's, and I was happy to get mine at $450, but still hear to this day I overpaid dearly for it. I'll just wait till they come down in price like the PMR's... Don't get me started on the mag pricing either - $50 per at the Chantilly show! DOH! I normally buy 5 mags per gun, but it was hard justifying buying even 1 spare at those prices - its injection molded friggin plastic fer cryin out loud! At least they're hi-cap's... If they wanna gouge, least they can do is offer up something like a foregrip that holds a spare mag - that'd be at least practical to overpay for. I'm OK with paying for innovation, but there is a friggin limit to the madness!

I don't hink $450 was out of line for what I'm seeing . How do you like the gun? Are mags $50 every where, or just Chantilly rip of prices? I've always had a hankering for one as long as I can get the mag shipped out of state.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have to admit that I would still be hesitant to buy one at MSRP. When they started building this thing, MSRP was $450 and after each delay, the price kept creeping up. Almost $200 in 2 years. That's asinine.

I started watching the prices closely after they announced that because of a pending ban, they were pumping the price up $200 per gun on the KSG. I understand they didn't want to get stuck with a stockroom full of guns they couldn't sell, but most businesses put them on sale (remember MagPul?) Then the ban didn't happen, and like taxes, the price never really came back down.

So - I am going to sit on my PMR-30 until the end of the year. If KT hasn't severely ramped up production and store prices have come down to decently below MSRP, then I am selling my PMR and striking the word KelTec from my mind forever.

It's a nice little plinker, but I will just wait for someone to come out with a semi auto .17WSM that is affordable - considering the ammo is the same price and WSM is much more available.

Fireman51

Feb 18, 2014
    How the hell did the price get higher than the BIN price? That is just insane.

It happens all the time...buyers get caught up in the bidding war and don't want to loose...next thing you know, you are into it way too deep.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Prices starting to come down............maybe there will be enough of these for once?

Really favorable reviews. Now question is, will it be MD legal.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Prices starting to come down............maybe there will be enough of these for once?

Really favorable reviews. Now question is, will it be MD legal.

They are?? They still look to be north of $1200 (on GunRaper) which is double what I am willing to pay.

Don't see why it wouldn't. 16.1" barrel is MD legal, 30.6" OAL is Maryland legal and it doesn't come with a flash hider, folding stock or grenade launcher - so it passes the feature test. You just won't be able to get one with a magazine.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Don't see why it wouldn't. 16.1" barrel is MD legal, 30.6" OAL is Maryland legal and it doesn't come with a flash hider, folding stock or grenade launcher - so it passes the feature test. You just won't be able to get one with a magazine.
    Rimfire rifles are not covered by the copycat laws, so OAL and feature tests don't apply.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are?? They still look to be north of $1200 (on GunRaper) which is double what I am willing to pay.

Have seen a few around $800, too much but moving in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom