20170702_155129.jpg
      157.2 KB · Views: 332

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Well, that's hard to answer. If they don't get shot at a lot, they may not notice the danger. If you miss high, you have a better chance at a follow up. Low might throw debris up and spook it. I don't think the SS crack scares them. IMO. If your really close, the gun shot will get them moving for sure. If you use a big caliber bolt gun, practice cycling your bolt quickly after your shot. I make mistake a lot, and I only use the 17hmr.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I've been wondering if the CCGC folks would mind if I took care of the woodchuck problem. Though I guess I can't as I'd be breaking the law riding with a shotgun loaded. A couple of times in the last month right near the entrance I've seen a couple of ground pigs that jump in to their burrows as I drive by. Usually they give someone a good 4-5 seconds to take a shot at them.

I wish I could find a farmer who wants their woodchuck problem taken care of (by me) :-/

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I've been wondering if the CCGC folks would mind if I took care of the woodchuck problem. Though I guess I can't as I'd be breaking the law riding with a shotgun loaded. A couple of times in the last month right near the entrance I've seen a couple of ground pigs that jump in to their burrows as I drive by. Usually they give someone a good 4-5 seconds to take a shot at them.

I wish I could find a farmer who wants their woodchuck problem taken care of (by me) :-/

Have you asked? A working farm loses a lot of crop to them.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    We've gone at least a decade without the critters in our garden here in Columbia, but I saw a young one in my front yard yesterday. Shooting is not an option, so I guess I have to set a trap.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We've gone at least a decade without the critters in our garden here in Columbia, but I saw a young one in my front yard yesterday. Shooting is not an option, so I guess I have to set a trap.

I use archery in my yard. Works great. Get yourself a crossbow.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Dumb question since I only hunt paper and clay......can I smoke a groundhog in my garden without a license? There's one sitting there now eating my f*ck*n beans :mad54:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    He got a reprieve for the time being....wife doesn't want me to kill it.

Yeah, my wife says the same thing about the 3 rabbits that are eyeing up my garden. As soon as those suckers become official nuisances though...

I do now have me a new crossbow.

Also, your property, you don't need a license. Should be 150yds to the neighbors though. But live by the 3S and add a D. Discrete. Don't hammer it with a .338LM, try some 22 quiets or a bow. I mean, unless you are on a big property. Then drop the little brown turd. They are legal 365 half hour before sunrise to half hour after sunset. No permit on your own property need. Must wear orange hat or vest.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yeah, my wife says the same thing about the 3 rabbits that are eyeing up my garden. As soon as those suckers become official nuisances though...

I do now have me a new crossbow.

Also, your property, you don't need a license. Should be 150yds to the neighbors though. But live by the 3S and add a D. Discrete. Don't hammer it with a .338LM, try some 22 quiets or a bow. I mean, unless you are on a big property. Then drop the little brown turd. They are legal 365 half hour before sunrise to half hour after sunset. No permit on your own property need. Must wear orange hat or vest.
    This... but the 150yds is mandatory in most counties.... some exceptions for bows. ;)

and... congrats on your new weapon lazarus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom