• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Hey all,

I need to find someone to cut my lawn a couple of times this summer. I have somewhere around 1/2 - 3/4 of an acre to mow, and there's a hill, so some sort of riding mower would really be called for if it's going to be a side job kinda thing. Does anyone know someone or use a service that's reasonably priced?

thanks,
    Dave

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've got two properties back to back... total about 5 acres of grass, and I'm out in the boonies a little bit. It used to take me a solid 4 hours (and a sore back) to do it all myself. The guy I use is really good, brings out a team, get's it all done in just about an hour, plus edging and blowing off the sidewalk.... he charges me $150 which I think is very reasonable for the amount of grass he cuts and certinally worth half a Saturday. I've tried a few others who were not as good and more expensive... you do have to shop around and try before you commit to anything long term. Once you find someone good, latch on and build a long term relationship.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I've got two properties back to back... total about 5 acres of grass, and I'm out in the boonies a little bit. It used to take me a solid 4 hours (and a sore back) to do it all myself. The guy I use is really good, brings out a team, get's it all done in just about an hour, plus edging and blowing off the sidewalk.... he charges me $150 which I think is very reasonable for the amount of grass he cuts and certinally worth half a Saturday. I've tried a few others who were not as good and more expensive... you do have to shop around and try before you commit to anything long term. Once you find someone good, latch on and build a long term relationship.

Thanks for the information. At this point I am still doing my own 2 acres, but at 66 I must admit it is getting old. I was wondering if you could send me contact information for your guy.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    $30.00 per acre..BS!!

I've been in Commercial Lawn Work for 45 yrs. Cutting 5 acres of grass in one hour for $150.00. with a team of workers, his equipment, necessary tools, and transports to do the work you described. I say BS:tdown::tdown:

Now..maybe if the "team" is using your equipment it..may.. repeat ..may..be possible..but I've kinda got my doubts.

Rob

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    very happy with the job DrM's guy did on my lawn. $50 for around an acre of uneven hilly yard. especially considering it's a one/two off and not a regularly scheduled job. having him cut it a second time and would recommend to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom