• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So if 1 untraceable firearm bill was not enough for each house this year, then please meet Marlon Amprey, Larry Hogans newly appointed representative to take Mosby's place as of January 6, 2021. This bill is being heard on the same day as the OTHER untraceable Firearms bill in the House, 3/1/2021. Sign up is 2/26/21. It was introduced on Feb 8. I am not too sure when the text was made available.

https://airtable.com/shr0u3GFnN3Qum1LQ/tbltRt2h7cJgATo26/viwc0cSh5Narcj2uz/recAPE0kzQbkQnkNH

This bill tries to screw homebuilt firearms owners in 4 simple pages. This was already argued last year as well as the year before.

This bill wants to prohibit a person from manufacturing, assembling, possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving a certain firearm or unfinished frame or receiver not marked in a certain manner by a federally licensed firearms manufacturer or a federally licensed firearms importer; prohibiting a person from possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving a certain object marketed or advertised to be, or that a reasonable person would understand to be, designed for a certain purpose; establishing penalties for violation of this act; providing that a certain violation is a separate crime; providing for the application of this act; altering a certain definition; defining certain terms; and generally relating to firearms.

It is a short read, It is even more absurd than the past 2 years "ghost gun" bills. You have to read it to believe it. "unfinished frame or receiver" includes any other object, part, or combination of parts that is not a functional frame or receiver but is designed or intended to be used for that purpose and can readily be made into a functional frame or receiver of a firearm.

Own a block of aluminum? It's up to 2 years and 5,000 bucks worth of shame for you. Plus each violation is a separate crime. 2 blocks of aluminum, well that could get you up to 4 years and 10,000 bucks worth of shame.

This bill takes exceptions to firearms manufactured before 1968, has been rendered permanently inoperable or is being transferred or surrendered to a law enforcement agency.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    WTF! They're really trying to stick spaghetti to the wall this year

I seriously doubt this one makes it very far. It is more strict than the other two untraceable firearms bills being heard this year. Similar bills to HB1291 died in previous years. This one does not "fix mistakes" made in previous years. It is more like the sponsor was "absent" the 2 previous years. Oh yeah, he assumed office on January 13 of this year. That explains some of it. This corporate attorney gets an "F".

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I seriously doubt this one makes it very far. It is more strict than the other two untraceable firearms bills being heard this year. Similar bills to HB1291 died in previous years. This one does not "fix mistakes" made in previous years. It is more like the sponsor was "absent" the 2 previous years. Oh yeah, he assumed office on January 13 of this year. That explains some of it. This corporate attorney gets an "F".
    It's probably an attempt to shift the overton window in favor of the other bill tbh.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It's probably an attempt to shift the overton window in favor of the other bill tbh.

It could be. It needs slapped into submission regardless of its purpose. Since you missed that first bill, you now get a second chance to argue this one. Life never gets dull.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It could be. It needs slapped into submission regardless of its purpose. Since you missed that first bill, you now get a second chance to argue this one. Life never gets dull.

Maybe never dull, but believe me when I tell you, this stuff gets old.

Life may not get dull, but most of our legislators are far from the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Maybe never dull, but believe me when I tell you, this stuff gets old.

Life may not get dull, but most of our legislators are far from the sharpest knives in the drawer.

I am starting to realize that... the getting old part. As far as the sharpest knives in the drawer... Our state is being legislated by an overwhelming majority of butter knives.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I am starting to realize that... the getting old part. As far as the sharpest knives in the drawer... Our state is being legislated by an overwhelming majority of butter knives.

Butter knives? Not even.

red spatula.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom