• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There’s a Model 8 up for auction tomorrow if anyone’s interested. Not in the cards for me at the moment: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/Remington-Model-8-Rifle-.35-REM-229-c-0DF490AB76

I had this one book marked but the problem I have with Arsenalt Auction is they're the only auction house I've ever run across who will not honor a C&R license. I have a firm rule that I will not do business with anyone who will not take my 03. Screw 'em. A shame 'cause this is a solid example of an early Model 8 and the tang sight adds decent value. Me, I'm chasing a rare Spanish pistol so I'm tapped out on this one anyway.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I had this one book marked but the problem I have with Arsenalt Auction is they're the only auction house I've ever run across who will not honor a C&R license. I have a firm rule that I will not do business with anyone who will not take my 03. Screw 'em. A shame 'cause this is a solid example of an early Model 8 and the tang sight adds decent value. Me, I'm chasing a rare Spanish pistol so I'm tapped out on this one anyway.

You didn’t find that little one we’ve both been chasing did you!? If so I’m already jealous!!

Jul 1, 2012
    One of the first things I noticed.

I'm a Dapper Dan man myself.

LOL... that phrase was in the back of my mind too (there's a lot of crap back there though).

One thing to be careful about, CAR wax is a bad idea... it can have acids, cleaning & buffing compounds, etc in it. Can also be a cast-iron beech to get it off, especially from wood.

Renaissance Wax is a neutral, crystalline wax that also comes off clean and easy if you need to remove it. And a little dab will do you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom