• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    To all my legislative friends who voted to make me a felon, I ask you, why?

I spent more than a decade with many of you, we broke bread together, we drank together, we laughed at one another's jokes and we prayed for one another when a family emergency arose. Three months each year for twelve years we lived together. That is four full years of our lives together.

I hope you know I am not a threat to you or any law-abiding citizen. I left High School early to join the Marine Corps. I worked midnight to 8 am in a mental health center to pay my way through college. I was the President of my law school class. My family has been in Maryland since before 1650. My 7th great grandfather fought alongside Washington with several other of my relatives in the French Indian Wars and later in the Revolutionary War and every war this Country has been engaged in since.

What more could I and my family have done to earn your trust? You know I would lay down my life to protect you and or our country from harm.

When a Conservative Governor used State Police to spy on Marylanders, I said no, and co sponsored the bill to require a warrant in order to spy on Maryland citizens. When the N.S.A. wanted to spy on Maryland citizens I sponsored some of the strongest 4th Amendment protections in the country.

When Governor O'Malley was having tens of thousands of persons of color locked up in Baltimore every year without charges ever being filed against them, I stood up and said no.

In short I have never played politics with our Constitution, I have protected each and everyone of our god given rights, so forgive me if I find it hard to understand why you would have voted to take away my rights with the passage of so many bad bills this session?

It should not come as a surprise when I now repeat what I have often said on the floor in debate, most recently during the debate preceding the passage of SB-281 in 2013: "Any unconstitutional law passed by the legislature is void ab initio (invalid from the outset) because no legislature, no executive, no judiciary, can ever infringe upon those inalienable rights that come from god, including the right to keep and bear arms."

As for the attempt to de-legalize and confiscate "bump stocks" found in the recently passed HB-888 and SB-707, I have owned one for several years, I have no intention of abiding by your unconstitutional law. Not only is it an unconstitutional infringement, you have not even made a provision for compensating me for the property you seek to dis-appropriate from me.

You had the courage to press a green button, branding me a felon, if I do nothing different, while you hid behind some false belief that it was justified to ignore your oath to the Constitution as long as your infringement was for some greater good.

Now have the courage to come enforce your unconstitutional law yourself, don't send the gendarmes out to enforce your bill making your friend a felon, look me in the eye and explain why you know what is best for me. If you want my bump stock, Molon Labe.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    "THE LIBERTY TREE IS PARCHED" said the wise man.

PS: This letter would be a great addition to the HB1302 Neighborhood Bag Lady thread.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• Smigiel stuff.jpg
      Smigiel stuff.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 331

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads