Silencerco Salvo 12 on slug gun. Anyone tried this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Really like the idea of not killing my hearing any more than I've done already and I'm a huge fan of my Savage 212 slug gun. I know I know wear earplugs as the deer are creeping around me. It just doesn't work out usually. Have been going back and forth with Silencerco customer service on it and they do not support slug barrels obviously because they want you to use the choke adapters. They are telling me that sabots in smooth bore are good to go with the salvo12 and in fact they do not support rifled slugs at all which is contrary to what I've always understood for slug/barrel pairing. Their explanation is that the sabot rides the wad along rods in the suppressor and that the rifled slugs will damage the can. Makes sense but I don't get why the don't endorse a rifled barrel. Assuming I have my 212 threaded properly to fit one of their choke adapters I can't figure out why this would not work. Other option is to of course lose some accuracy and just stick it on one of my smooth bores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom