• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Looks like Tennessee Loves it... Great for them.

2-5-2014 2-27-03 PM.jpg

MaraD

The Tall Girl
    Aug 15, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Well written commentary. Its a shame to see the loss of jobs, both manufacturing and construction. All so O'Malley can claim he is tough on crime when he runs for president (like he even has a chance).

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    While I can understand Beretta's business decision, I think they--and the gun industry as a whole--are looking at this the wrong way. What Beretta outta've done is to expand here and encourage other gun makers to relocate to Maryland as well. At some point, if there were three or four large firearm makers operating in Maryland, the state would have to start treating gun makers/owners more like adults (i.e., seriously). Buggering-out of Maryland just allows the state to run amok and follow Detroit down the liberal-soaked drain.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Ok, so I am gaining some respect back for them. I hope they do their best to make it known to everyone the impact that Maryland is losing out on. I just may go back to buying beretta products again.

Does anyone know the monetary impact? 300 jobs is the last I heard but does anybody know total salary? How about estimated tax revenue lost?
    It's also the additional jobs that their expansion would bring so it's 300 + jobs. Then all of the loss by suppliers, truckers, food vendors, maintenance, cleaning crews, and on and on. The sb281 backers are gutless. We have lost politicians hired to vote the will of the people to the political demise of the 2 party system.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'm going home, putting on an old USMC PT shirt, taking my Baretta 9 out of the safe, and killing some paper!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What isn't clear is if they are shutting down Maryland. If the simply "expand" into Tennessee, MD really doesn't lose anything. Is there any more info on this?

If they expand in TN, Maryland is losing out on the creation of those jobs here. If they eventually move everything to TN, then Maryland loses out even more. Guessing everything will be moved to TN over time. Hard to just wrap up a place like Beretta has here and move everything to TN overnight.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I will say that I am happy as can be to see this article. I showed it to my wife and she said "Maybe we should move to Tennessee." I asked her to check the reciprocity in TN for our licenses and she laughed. I asked her if she thought I was unwilling to move to TN and she said that is why she laughed, because I am willing to move out of Maryland to almost anywhere.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    What isn't clear is if they are shutting down Maryland. If the simply "expand" into Tennessee, MD really doesn't lose anything. Is there any more info on this?

My read between the lines is that as the TN ramps up the MD facility will wind down. Something will probably have to stay here because of the proximity to DC.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    :thumbsup:

I have to take back the **** I said about them before.

"Berettas don't bluff," indeed.

Godspeed Beretta!

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    What?

While I can understand Beretta's business decision, I think they--and the gun industry as a whole--are looking at this the wrong way. What Beretta outta've done is to expand here and encourage other gun makers to relocate to Maryland as well. At some point, if there were three or four large firearm makers operating in Maryland, the state would have to start treating gun makers/owners more like adults (i.e., seriously). Buggering-out of Maryland just allows the state to run amok and follow Detroit down the liberal-soaked drain.

Surly you jest Fred. The politicians here have a proven track record of ignoring the majority sentiment, facts and immersing themselves in their own fantasy. To them we, the not so silent majority, could not hold a candle to their intellectual prowess and political acuity. Facts to them are real only when they fit their point of view.
    Jobs going out of State? Bet they still have one.
    Taxes from an International company going out of State? Seems to be no big deal for our "Heads of State". You can bet our taxes will continue to rise to offset that.
    From the comments being made this is just another example of how out of touch with reality politicians are.
    I'm sorry for the workers here if they lose their jobs but bringing in other companies will not solve the issues with our government running amok in wonderland.
    I say bravo to Ugo Gussalli Beretta.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "In brief remarks on the Senate floor today, Miller said unlike Maryland Tennessee has laws that allow people to carry guns on playgrounds, and allowing people to store guns in parked vehicles."

Is this guy for real? What a knuckle head.

Ya, but what I can't understand is why he can't understand there is NOTHING wrong with a law abiding responsible citizen having firearms on playgrounds or in their cars. Just because they're imbeciles, doesn't mean grown adults need to be treated like criminals.

Great job running a viable, honorable business outta their state.

Next year, they'll be crying the blues about how they are short on revenue and just don't know why, but we must pay for their shortfall.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    That was a concise, logical, well written letter, I think I will be buying my first Beretta soon :) Been wanting one for a while anyhow.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The politicians here have a proven track record of ignoring the majority sentiment....To them we, the not so silent majority, could not hold a candle to their intellectual prowess and political acuity.

If pro-Second Amendment people are the majority in Maryland, they've certainly got me fooled.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I myself do not own a Beretta stamped firearm, I do own a Browning BDA 380 that Beretta built. I will now go buy the M9 that my son has wanted. Big Ups to Mr Beretta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom