• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    I have been pondering the whole mess that is Maryland, specifically SB281, and something occurred to me that I have not seen discussed here. My pondering concerns the possession of particular firearms, lets say AR15s, that are grandfathered, at least as of today, but could be banned outright in the future similar to what is happening in California.

What if, during the 2014 legislative session, Maryland manages to place an outright ban on AR15's of all types, requiring surrender of the firearms. Unconstitutional I know, but that wouldn't stop Maryland from passing it and, even if the courts eventually side with us, there could be a period of years where the law is in effect while it percolates up the courts to SCOTUS.

So the question is, if that were to happen and I moved the firearms to property I might own in another state where they are perfectly legal, what happens when Maryland comes to get them and I do not produce them?

Do they execute a search warrant only to see they are not here? Do they arrest me until I produce them or prove I still posses them but not in Maryland?

I see lots of possibilities, ALL BAD, and am curious what you all think.

Thanks,

Dogmeat

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Discussing these types of hypothetical’s make me uneasy . . . especially since its not in the water cooler and brought up by a low post count 2013r.

GO GO gadget tinfoil hat! :tinfoil:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maryland does not keep track of out of state sales.

In order to arrest you, you have to possess them inside the state's borders.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    What if a frog had wings?..........

He wouldnt bump his a$$ when he jumps.

The "what ifs" are endless.
    When/if it comes to confiscation it is not time to hide them....it is time to use them.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Discussing these types of hypothetical’s make me uneasy . . . especially since its not in the water cooler and brought up by a low post count 2013r.

GO GO gadget tinfoil hat! :tinfoil:

I don't blame you for that at all, but we all start somewhere. I have a low count because I spend more time reading than writing I guess. Last time I asked an equally controversial question, I got the same response and shortly thereafter, someone else posed the same question and I got my answer.

No big deal and no hard feelings.

Dogmeat

Mr H

Banana'd
    What if....

Everyone gets on the horn to their critters weekly, and we make sure they know we'll be battling to make sure it doesn't happen (and holding them accountable if they're against us).

Yaknow... the Democratic Process in action??

DINO Powers Activate!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I kind of doubt if it came down to confiscation that they would get warrants and go door-to-door.

If they did I think that after the first few the NRA and/or other guns right organizations would get an injunction against it.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    What if....

Everyone gets on the horn to their critters weekly, and we make sure they know we'll be battling to make sure it doesn't happen (and holding them accountable if they're against us).

DINO Powers Activate!

Already there Mr. H. I've been going to Annapolis every years since about 2005 fighting the legislature. Letters, emails, phone calls, the works. DINO, MSI Member, MDShooters Member, NRA Patron Member, etc.

I just discovered MDShooters Forum this year. Great Resource!

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    What if....

DINO Powers Activate!

This x ∞!

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    They will not be taking my freedom. I will literally drown them in the ocean or ship them out of the country before any gun grabber gets his or her mitts on my firearms.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    They will not be taking my freedom. I will literally drown them in the ocean. . .

Thats where I stopped and I agree :) I would never destroy or dispose of my firearms, I have worked way to hard and spent a ton of my money to acquire and become familiar with them.

I guess thats an answer for you OP, take from it what you will.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    What's different now than ever before in history is the speed at which we can communicate. Friday the 13th could not occur today. (Google it if you don't know what I mean. Hint: Knights Templar.) The Arab Spring and recently Egypt are examples. There's not enough law enforcement to simultaneously confiscate all arms from all gun owners.

However, if you are still concerned, get an SKS (or two) and plant them somewhere. They are not regulated if they are configured with the fixed mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom