• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What does this mean for the stock market? What companies would be impacted by this in March?

*****Pay close attention to companies like Ruger (RGR) and Smith & Wesson holdings (SWBI). Both of those companies are run quite well, at least compared to Remington. I own significant amounts of both Ruger and S&W that I purchased mostly last year once the riots began after George Floyd and people got scared that there would be rioting in every town.. My cost basis on S&W is well under $10 per share and is currently trading around $18, and Ruger has done well from $37 to $68 in far less than a year. Both have dividends, and significant cash reserves, and a backlog of orders for some time in the future - basically guaranteed business - they can't make guns fast enough.

I own several Remington products, kinda old school stuff, but could see a definite decline in quality control over the years coupled with mismanagement, etc.. VSTO (Vista Outdoors) basically has a license to print money at this point with their acquisition of that Remington ammo plant in Arkansas. That plant is basically running 100% capacity and not even putting a dent in demand for ammo. Currently trading at $31 per share or so. It's more of a long term investment, as they have significant debt to service, and with interest rates possibly rising this may be problematic for borrowing more money, and issuing more stock will dilute their EPS, which is in negative territory already.

Anyway, just my thoughts as I own all three of those companies stock, and have for some time.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    If anyone from Remington is reading this, please start making the 870 DM magazines. I don't own any guns but I heard there is a shortage of those magazines.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Firearms and ammunition were the traditional core products of Remington Arms Co . The Marlin, Barnes, Bushmaster, Tapco, DPMS, H&R , etc were mostly fellow acquisitions by the various parent holding companies in recent years .

I am optimistic in that the new owner has a background in manufacturing of actual quasi guns , and not just bean counting .

Roundhill purchased the New York facility, what is happening with the North Carolina facility these days ?

The increase of firearms about to be built , and presumably sold , should be more than offset by the Arkansas ammo plant reopening .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    All the mfgs are undoubtedly currently running at maximum levels , subject to their supply chains of raw materials . New ( additional) equipment is $$ , and has lead times . If the new ( additional) equipment ends up sitting idle shortly after eventually coming on line , it will bite them on the butt , so it's a calculated gamble either way .

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    *****Pay close attention to companies like Ruger (RGR) and Smith & Wesson holdings (SWBI). Both of those companies are run quite well, at least compared to Remington. I own significant amounts of both Ruger and S&W that I purchased mostly last year once the riots began after George Floyd and people got scared that there would be rioting in every town.. My cost basis on S&W is well under $10 per share and is currently trading around $18, and Ruger has done well from $37 to $68 in far less than a year. Both have dividends, and significant cash reserves, and a backlog of orders for some time in the future - basically guaranteed business - they can't make guns fast enough.

I own several Remington products, kinda old school stuff, but could see a definite decline in quality control over the years coupled with mismanagement, etc.. VSTO (Vista Outdoors) basically has a license to print money at this point with their acquisition of that Remington ammo plant in Arkansas. That plant is basically running 100% capacity and not even putting a dent in demand for ammo. Currently trading at $31 per share or so. It's more of a long term investment, as they have significant debt to service, and with interest rates possibly rising this may be problematic for borrowing more money, and issuing more stock will dilute their EPS, which is in negative territory already.

Anyway, just my thoughts as I own all three of those companies stock, and have for some time.
    Yeah I made a good bit of money this year on that basis. Was curious if Remington would put a ripple in the market... For example, maybe some sort of raw materials company would benefit from another fun manufacturer joining the fray, etc

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I hope we see more 700CP pistols, and less RP9 experiments.
    Bringing back the Tac-13 would be huge, too. By the end, some of their stuff was starting to be interesting again, but they just couldn't produce enough of it.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Good deal. Maybe I will get that 357 lever action I ordered back in September by the end of the year.

Unlikely if it was a Marlin order. Ruger has put the following out regarding any unfulfilled orders prior to their purchase of Marlin:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/resources/owner-support

Also, please note that all orders for Marlin firearms placed prior to our acquisition should have been either: (1) fulfilled by Remington prior to the sale; or (2) canceled by Remington. Ruger is unable to fulfill these orders and could not assume responsibility for them. Unfortunately, if your order has not been fulfilled, you may be considered an unsecured creditor by the bankruptcy court, which could leave you with very little recourse.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Was the ammo/primer operation closed and thus now reopening or was it always running while this place was shut down?

I ask cause I know I'd like more primer manufacturing and the noobs need their thunderduds

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Unlikely if it was a Marlin order. Ruger has put the following out regarding any unfulfilled orders prior to their purchase of Marlin:

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/resources/owner-support

Also, please note that all orders for Marlin firearms placed prior to our acquisition should have been either: (1) fulfilled by Remington prior to the sale; or (2) canceled by Remington. Ruger is unable to fulfill these orders and could not assume responsibility for them. Unfortunately, if your order has not been fulfilled, you may be considered an unsecured creditor by the bankruptcy court, which could leave you with very little recourse.

I saw this and contacted my FFL. He gave me the option to keep the order active and I let it ride. His distributor gave him the same option with all his orders. As soon as they start taking orders again it will be placed. I figure its already paid for and i may have a slightly better chance of getting it sooner..

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ... I hope it is true ...

I hope it is true as well but, then I read this:

Our hopes are ... highly contingent on our negotiations with ...the state of New York ...
    :lol: :lol2: :sad20:
    https://www.timestelegram.com/story...ion-gets-federal-firearms-license/6602625002/

^This^ - any involvement of the State of NY Government Bureaucracy - is the rotten piece of fruit which spoil this whole deal - the NY State Government is incapable of matching socks in a drawer, No Way they won’t screw this up for all the people deserving of those jobs.

Personally, and eventually, I look for the whole shebang to be moved out of New York, to a more 2A friendly and less bureaucratic state (probably the reason the old Remington established a foothold down in NC, to begin with ...!)

Still, hoping against hope for those families in Ilion (most of whom undoubtedly leap at an offer for a job outside of the the craphole New York is)!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I've been trying to find any information about their component manufacturing. I think the Remington primer manufacturing is through the same factory complex and hasn't been up for months. I am pretty sure component manufacturing was part and parcel of the same deal of Vista buying up UMC/Remington ammunition production.

So I assume that means they'll be cranking out bullets, cases and primers for sale at some point as well. Not just loaded ammunition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom