• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    If you have a HGP are you able to carry a AR pistol in your car?

No such animal in MD.

There is a Wear & Carry Permit in MD.

There are no exclusions as to which handguns you may carry in your vehicle in MD that I am aware of.

Sep 9, 2020
    No such animal in MD.

There is a Wear & Carry Permit in MD.

There are no exclusions as to which handguns you may carry in your vehicle in MD that I am aware of.

The Maryland state police license portal consistently calls it HGP (as in handgun permit).

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The Maryland state police license portal consistently calls it HGP (as in handgun permit).

Where is the term "HGP" used? No where that I am aware of. Splitting hairs, yes, but that was the point.

In MD it's called a Wear & Carry Permit.

In DE it's called a Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon Permit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I would imagine at the interview when asked what you planned to carry you answered AR Pistol , or 13in SBS it would raise eyebrows . But it would be legal to use any " handgun " as defined by Maryland .

And I do get the point of what the OP is asking .

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Where is the term "HGP" used? No where that I am aware of. Splitting hairs, yes, but that was the point.

While I agree that in MD it is a Wear & Carry permit, the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal calls it HGP.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 8.25.44 AM.jpg

Sep 9, 2020

My inbox this morning has an email with this subject "MD HGP - Your Application Has Been Assigned To An Investigator"

Answering your question "Where is the term "HGP" used?" = all over the MD state police licensing portal and in their email status communications. I get that you might disagree with this name but MD state police clearly have adopted HGP ... because everything needs a 3-letter acronym?

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Grey area. Md considers SBRs as rifles except when transporting, then they are governed by the same restrictions handguns are.

IANAL

Really? Interesting. Never would have guessed. I figured it would be treated as long gun, therefore transporting a locked and loaded SBR would not fly even with W&C. Still not sure I'd test the waters on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom