• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Great, no more Colt. Now we're stuck with the old nag.

Attachments

• x1080.jpg
      x1080.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 381

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Look at the bid history. Once it got past $1750, it was a bunch of bidders with no purchase/sell history and one guy with 8 (who won it). Wonder if they saw a sucker so created fake accounts to create an artificial bidding war.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Possibly. But there are a couple others bid into the $1900 range with days to go yet and a consecutive numbered pair at over 5K. It looks like people are paying 2K at the moment. Still crazy. But the fact is, people can hate on Colt for halting production all they want. There are people out there still willing to pay to get the original. Figure in an AWB on the horizon and I see prices possibly going even higher.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I havent been keeping up with this thread....my apologies....but I just came back from Colt Armorer School. The instructor has been with colt for years. The first thing he said, was "dont ask.....of course colt will continue making guns for civilians", but the govt contract was running up and they have to get a bunch of guns made before the time period runs out, then they'll continue making regular.....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    But it begs the question, why even make a statement or put something out to dealers.

"We are out of stock." was all they needed to say. If they wanted to say more, they could have said "We are at capacity with government contracts due for fulfillment soon, back-orders will take ___ months."

Instead they went for the presser which reeks of virtue signaling. FVck em.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I picked up a Colt M4 law enforcement model with the HBAR, all milspec. It’s very nice and much better than the issue M16A1 from years ago. After adding some Magpul accessories, it’s even nicer. Just have to add optics and maybe a new trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom