• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Democrats have already announced a filibuster, even before the announcement is made.and I don't see any other way to do this besides the nuclear option. Good enough for Harry Reid, should be good enough for us. The Dems know the taste of ramming stuff through despite opposition. Give them all they want and give it to them good.

As William T. Sherman so eruditely stated:

War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. Yon know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want; not a word of argument, not a sign of let up, no cave in till we are whipped or they are.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Democrats have announced a filibuster, but there are 8 "endangered" Democrats in states that went for Trump: like Manchin and Heitkamp.

I think that they have to make the confirmation rules before they know how people are going to vote. It sure is going to be interesting.

Master_P

May 27, 2015
    He just might nominate Pryor to keep the left/MSM in their permanent apoplectic state.... just sayin...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

krucam

Ultimate Member
    With the CA9 Peruta case's foot in the door of the Supreme Court, we need 1) Someone solidly in the 2A camp and, 2) Able to whip through confirmation.

Period.

Believe Hardiman fits the bill nicely, confirmed to the Circuit Courts 95-0 already....wrote a solid dissent in Drake v Filko NJ concealed carry case.

Pryor's confirmation would drag out through the Summer...

My .02 worth...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Could be a Bork put out first. Let the D's condemn him then Mitch goes nuclear and Pryor gets in :)

No that will be only 50 , 52 right now Sessions drops it to 51

And McCain makes everything questionable, never know what he might do. It wouldn't surprise me to wake up one day and read he changed his party affiliation.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Democrats have already announced a filibuster, even before the announcement is made.and I don't see any other way to do this besides the nuclear option. Good enough for Harry Reid, should be good enough for us. The Dems know the taste of ramming stuff through despite opposition. Give them all they want and give it to them good.

As William T. Sherman so eruditely stated:

Agree in total. They've got two years to get stuff done. He needs to keep moving quickly. There are 8 Republican Senate seats up for election in 2018, including an appointed one in Nevada. And I am sure the dems are going to pour every resource they can into flipping at least a couple of them.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    With the CA9 Peruta case's foot in the door of the Supreme Court, we need 1) Someone solidly in the 2A camp and, 2) Able to whip through confirmation.

Period.

Believe Hardiman fits the bill nicely, confirmed to the Circuit Courts 95-0 already....wrote a solid dissent in Drake v Filko NJ concealed carry case.

Pryor's confirmation would drag out through the Summer...

My .02 worth...

My thoughts exactly.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So the Dems don't wanna play...boohoo! Should all go into a "safe" corner with Schumer and have their cry. Don't vote, see if we care. Just goes to show how pathetic the Democratic Party has become. 11 days in and how many nominees confirmed compared to Obummer in the first 5 days?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. their choice. As Gen. Sherman said, give them all they can stand.

ETA-but as Krucam pointed out nominating Hardiman might be palatable to the Dems, while still giving us a very pro 2A jurist the Dems can live with and in fact have a harder time justifying a filibuster.

Lots of tactical and strategic maneuvering going on I'm sure.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    yep. their choice. As Gen. Sherman said, give them all they can stand.

ETA-but as Krucam pointed out nominating Hardiman might be palatable to the Dems, while still giving us a very pro 2A jurist the Dems can live with and in fact have a harder time justifying a filibuster.

Lots of tactical and strategic maneuvering going on I'm sure.

I'm still betting on Diana Sykes out of the 7th Circuit, as a surprise nomination. Let the Dems squirm trying to attack a women. She's strong on the 2A and would be a good counter to that "Wise Latina" :thumbsup:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Agree in total. They've got two years to get stuff done. He needs to keep moving quickly. There are 8 Republican Senate seats up for election in 2018, including an appointed one in Nevada. And I am sure the dems are going to pour every resource they can into flipping at least a couple of them.

Yes, this is true but there are also 23 democrats up for reelection with several of them in states won by Trump. I agree that the democrats will be out in force but it's going to be an uphill battle for them in 2018. All that said, it's important to ruffle the feathers and make big changes NOW so that the positive affects of those changes will show by 2018.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nuclear_fireball.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Given conservative (R) appointees' sordid histories of becoming liberalized once they assume the bench (e.g. Stevens, Souter, Roberts), I'm more concerned about Trump appointing the most solidly grounded and steadfast of these fine finalists. One who won't be corrupted or influenced by the Left once he or she becomes a resident of the swamp.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    They dont need a nuclear option yet. They could start confirmation hearings. If Dems play douche nozzles, go into recess, Trump appoints during recess. Then go nuclear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom