• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm not seeing anything in the senate or assembly bills about banning rimfire. Granted, I might be overlooking it. The wording in the bills is politely described as cryptic.

Cryptic. Yep.

But this is ca we are talking about.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    wow that is just way over the top. cali has some absolutely beautiful places but their politics are horrendous.

10 round mags is total crap, especially not grandfathering in larger ones. all the crime that cops cannot protect against, and laws or lack thereof that let criminals stay out of jail, and californians can only have 10 rounders to protect themselves. disgusting and appalling.

You can have my magazines when you pry them from....we'll never mind.

As beautiful as the state is the politics and liberals have made it an ugly place to live. I lived there for 17 years and watched it go down the tubes. Referendums decided on by the people overturned by the courts. The gang problem rampant, they turned it into an absolute shot hole. California gun groups never stood a chance. I Say let the Reconquistas have it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I just hope all the beautiful and important celeb types have a loophole so they aren't subject to the same laws common dregs of humanity are. :rolleyes:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    :wtf:

SB 880 (Hall, Glazer): SB 880 redefines assault weapons to encompass specified guns capable of accepting any type of detachable magazine. Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.

bunnybunny

Mar 3, 2016
    SB880/AB1664 does not effect .22lr rifles. They are already exempt. It adds semi auto centerfire rifles with bullet buttons to the definition of an assault weapon.

10 day wait already applies to all firearms in CA. None of the proposed laws change that.

Brown will most likely veto 90% of these bills since he has already vetoed "ghost gun" bills in the past and "assault weapon" bill in 2013. After San Bernardino he said he didn't think it was necessary to make our laws any stricter.

The gun violence restraining order bill is the most likely to be signed along with criminalizing not reporting a firearm. Good chance the bill that limits who you can temporary loan a firearm to will be signed as well.

Master_P

May 27, 2015
    Even if Brown vetoes most of these bills - which I really hope he does - Gavin Newscum is the likely candidate for Governor in 2018. That scumbag hasn't heard of a gun control bill he didn't love. It's going to be hell if he's elected.

It's really really bad out here...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Don't wait for the next session. Contact your elected officials NOW! Contact them OFTEN!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    O'Malley and his sycophants motto was "As California goes, so does Maryland"

We'd better to start NOW to whittle down their numbers come November. If they maintain a substantial majority, Mike & Mike will IGNORE 10 or 20 thousand like they ignored 4 thousand in 2013. Better still, concentrate on these two, then their minions will hide like roaches from sunlight. :innocent0

Of course they will ignore us.. the goal is to shut down anopolis physically... make it so hard to do business that a special session is required...from now until the end of time..

These folks are mostly lazy.. they don't want to work..

But also we need the R&R iregulars as well and all over the state.

I took some hits this year..but I will do all I can..

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    background check to buy ammo, and a database of who has ammo, and ban on possession of 10+ round mags. Wow.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...x-gun-control-bills-1467394282-htmlstory.html

We don't want a civil war, but somebody does...

Just need the next 7.4+ earthquake sooner rather than later. Watch the anarchy ensue. AND, they just turned black market ammo into a valuable source or revenue for the gangs. That worked out so very well for the alcohol prohibitionists, didn't it.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Governor Brown signed the worst of it into law today.

California Update:
    Gov. Brown Takes Action on Gun Control Bills

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is extremely disappointed that Gov. Brown today chose to sign into law these highly restrictive and unneeded gun control measures, all of which will affect law-abiding Californians while doing nothing to stop the criminal misuse of firearms. By acting within 24 hours after being sent these bills, and not allowing the public to voice their opinions in order to depart for his European vacation, the governor compounded the miscarriage of legislative process and procedure while demonstrating disdain for Californians who now face laws that clearly infringe on their Constitutional rights.

Gov. Brown SIGNED the following bills into law:
    AB 1135 (Levine) and SB 880 (Hall) Firearms: assault weapons - Expands the definition of assault weapons based on whether a semiautomatic firearm has a detachable magazine, banning thousands of popular firearms.
    SB 1235 (de Leon) Ammunition - Requires authorization to purchase ammunition and track what and how much ammunition each person buys, creating a database of ammunition purchasers.
    SB 1446 (Hancock) Firearms: magazine capacity - Makes it illegal to possess magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds no matter how long a person has owned them.
    AB 1511 (Santiago) Firearms: lending - Makes it illegal to loan a firearm to a person who is personally known to you (except for family members with restrictions).
    AB 1695 (Bonta) Firearms: false reports - Creates a 10-year prohibition on owning firearms for someone convicted of falsely reporting a lost or stolen firearm.

Gov. Brown VETOED to the following bills:
    SB 894 (Jackson) Firearms: lost or stolen: reports – Would have made it a crime not to report lost and stolen firearms to law enforcement within the arbitrary time limit. Governor’s Veto Message
    AB 1673 (Gipson) Firearms: unfinished frame or receiver - Would have expanded the definition of a firearm to include partially finished frames and receivers (no definition of what this means) and require their registration. Governor’s Veto Message
    AB 1674 (Santiago) Firearms: transfers – Would have made it illegal to buy or receive more than one firearm in any 30 day period. Governor’s Veto Message
    Contact Gov. Brown’s office today and voice your frustration with his hastiness to sign these bills less than 24 hours after receiving the bills, not allowing the public sufficient time to provide their input. This echoes the Legislature’s disregard for legislative rules and procedural abuse, once again not allowing the public a sufficient amount of time to give input on the pending legislation.

GOVERNOR JERRY BROWN
    Mailing address:
    Governor Jerry Brown
    c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
    Sacramento, CA 95814 Phone: (916) 445-2841 Fax: (916) 558-3160 E-mail: https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom