• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Ruger Sr1911, or the SA 1911 RO comes with extra goodies and a mail in offer for free pistol bag and 2 extra mags offer until end of the year

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The Ruger SR 1911 is a great pistol and it has many well engineered points. It is all American made, a series 70 model which passes the series 80 drop tests, features include...
    Titanium firing pin
    Adjustable skletonized trigger
    Barrel and bushing match milled from the same billet stock
    Stainless billet slide
    Stainless investment cast frame
    One of the best warranty policies in the industry
    Etc... SPECS

MSRP is high but average selling price for NIB is under $700.00. I have two, SR1911 and SR1911CMD, and both are great shooters.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ruger+sr1911

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    This thread needs imagery :D

8304155945_c3a20fa148_o.jpg

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    My Range Officer with spur hammer and GI style grip safety...these mods were previously required to compete in CMP matches. The CMP rules changed this year and commander style hammers and beavertail grip safeties are legal for Service Pistol matches.

Attachments

• 2014 P100.jpg
      2014 P100.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 106

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    I will probably get some hate for this. I have rock island armory tactical without the rail. Just as accurate and trigger is as crisp as my dad's Les Baer.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We have a few Springfield Stainless Loaded Target coming in today. I'll have pics in our IP section later when they arrive.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    A fair review of both... (W/video)

SR 1911 Vs. SA RO 1911
    If I was on the fence, this review would absolutely tip me toward the Springfield RO, especially since I'm not inclined to ever carry it, even if somehow hell freezes over, pigs fly, and MD becomes a shall-issue state.

My Range Officer with spur hammer and GI style grip safety...these mods were previously required to compete in CMP matches. The CMP rules changed this year and commander style hammers and beavertail grip safeties are legal for Service Pistol matches.
    I actually like those mods, although for me they are more of an aesthetic thing - functionally the commander style hammer and the stock grip safety are probably "better" although it might only be by a fraction.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The only beef I have with this review is he complained about finding a holster for the SA. The SA RO comes with a holster.

Not sure why he did not have one... Other than maybe he bought it second hand without or maybe when he bought it the company was not including them yet... But at any rate, I agree with his assessment. With the RO having the raised and sharp corners on the rear sight, I wouldn't like to have it in an IWB. The corners are sharp and could cause some aggravation, whereas the Novak sights on the SR are smooth. Also, as he mentioned, the RO sights are better for the range but sight picture is acquired faster with the SR sights in a defense situation.

I think his comparison was a fair and objective one.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If I was on the fence, this review would absolutely tip me toward the Springfield RO, especially since I'm not inclined to ever carry it, even if somehow hell freezes over, pigs fly, and MD becomes a shall-issue state.

And I agree with you. He does state that the RO is a better target pistol. But anyone who does carry would be better off with the SR.

For those who wrote about the RIA...

The RIA is a great pistol for the price. No problems with it and no company, that I know of, beats their warranty. My cousin has the Springfield and likes it pretty well. He recently bought a RIA Officers model 3.5"... He calls the RIA his "new favorite gun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom