• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I thought that I heard that at least USSS was going to go to a 9mm and get away from the .357SIG cartridge.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I thought that I heard that at least USSS was going to go to a 9mm and get away from the .357SIG cartridge.

I just sold a 229 to an agent in the SS and he stated he wanted to carry the same weapon at home he carries on the job and he also said he gets the ammo for free. Not sure if he was BSing or not.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Do you have a Glock 22 or 23? If yes, just add a .357 Sig barrel and you're in business.
    As stated upthread, if you reload, .357 Sig kicks ass. Buying commercial ammo is $$$

Add G27 to that list. Grab a G33 factory barrel and you're in business

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I just sold a 229 to an agent in the SS and he stated he wanted to carry the same weapon at home he carries on the job and he also said he gets the ammo for free. Not sure if he was BSing or not.

The bold doesn't make sense. An Agent or uniform division guys can carry their issue weapon off duty. As a matter of fact, it doesn't make sense to carry an identical approved off duty carry pistol that's the same as your issued one, because you have to qualify with that off duty weapon, regardless if it's the same make and model.
    You sure he was a USSS Agent?

Yep. They can't get "all they want". But they can't get "all they want". Typically after range days, they hand out a box or 2. Just depends. A lot of guys end up having a hoard of ammo in retirement because they really don't shoot outside of work.

I "managed" a sh*t ton of ammo.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    The bold doesn't make sense. An Agent or uniform division guys can carry their issue weapon off duty. As a matter of fact, it doesn't make sense to carry an identical approved off duty carry pistol that's the same as your issued one, because you have to qualify with that off duty weapon, regardless if it's the same make and model.
    You sure he was a USSS Agent?

Yep. They can't get "all they want". But they can't get "all they want". Typically after range days, they hand out a box or 2. Just depends. A lot of guys end up having a hoard of ammo in retirement because they really don't shoot outside of work.

I "managed" a sh*t ton of ammo.

He said he was I didn't check him out the owner of the shop did.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    He said he was I didn't check him out the owner of the shop did.

Yeah. Doesn't make sense at all about the off duty carry thing.\

All kinds of bullshitters out there.

I saw a P229 for sale on one of those gun buying consignment sites with the seller saying it was an actual Air Marshal pistol that he bought from the agency when he left.

The agency never let us buy any of our issued pistols. I e mailed the website admin/owner and told him, so he removed the ad.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And I always thought a Glock 36 would have been a better choice for the job. I haven't shot a G30SF but that might be a good choice as well.

Funny thing about those baby Glocks, when they came available for off duty, few were having a hard time qualifying with those little things. People will have issues with 25 yards with the 26 if they choose it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    9mm going into a 10mm funnel... makes sense.

I wonder if those who own and shoot Tokarevs and cz52's see the same effect.

I have heard the same thing about all bottle neck pistol cartidges.

Same reason behind the NAA rounds. Like the .32 NAA, .380 case necked to .32

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Funny thing about those baby Glocks, when they came available for off duty, few were having a hard time qualifying with those little things. People will have issues with 25 yards with the 26 if they choose it.

I've seen a lot of this. Worst yet was the small Springfield XD single stack in .40.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thread is motivating me to take my Glock 32 to the range. For me, it was one of those guns you buy used and love after the first range session (like my used S&W Model 64).

I remember telling Inkd about this purchase. The firearm cost, the shipping cost, and the transfer cost. He quickly shot back to me that the total was coincidentally $357, lol. Pretty neat.

Old, crappy pic below. It's a Gen 3, trade-in with still working night sights.
    87179e192974a83485834463fe794774.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom