• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I'm looking for a good 22 lr suppressor. I see gymratz has the Silencerco sparrow. Looks like a winner. I do not want an aluminum baffle suppressor. Any advice?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sparrow is great. Personally, I prefer a serviceable 9mm can on a .22. Many don’t share my preference.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Sparrow pops on a pistol. I moved it to rifle duty and got a Spectre for pistols.

This. Spectre or Dead air Mask or eqiv. . Stay away from anything with a monocore or aluminum. Monocores will have a mooch louder FRP and aluminum can be a beaotch to clean. You want stainless steel baffles.

BTW this a 45 vs 9mm type of question. But my answer is the correct one. :D

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Consider your use case and if you want the lightest possible strictly for pistol use or if you don't mind a bit more weight if it also allows you to use it on a .22 mag and the other rimfire rounds out there.
    Its a tough call and each person is different here.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Quieter to my ear due to volume. No discernable FRP. More versatile, too.

Interesting idea. I might have to research that. I never really wanted to suppress pistols much, but if I could get dual use out of it, I might consider it. Especially since I bet most 9mm cans are good for 300BLK too. That's triple uses.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting idea. I might have to research that. I never really wanted to suppress pistols much, but if I could get dual use out of it, I might consider it. Especially since I bet most 9mm cans are good for 300BLK too. That's triple uses.

Yes, 9mm cans do subsonic 300 BLK just fine.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Yes, 9mm cans do subsonic 300 BLK just fine.

That's an interesting idea good sir. I know some can ha dle supers for a few rounds too. I'll be considering that option instead of a .22lr can. Although weight savings are an issue.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If you look into the rimfire only cans check out the Q El Camino. I have one I have no complaints at all. Light, serviceable, quiet.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a CGS Hydra aluminum tube which is super light and works well with a pistol. They make a steel version as well. It is relatively easy to take apart. The 22 rim fire cans seem to get gummed up.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    i recommend the Thunderbeast Arms Take Down 22 if this is going on a rifle. User serviceable, stainless baffles, pre indexed and identified for easy re-installation and supremely quiet on a 22 bolt action. all you hear on my CZ 457 is the firing pin hit the case and then the impact on steel down range

schnmbang

Aug 23, 2014
    I have a sparrow. If I could buy again I’d go dead air mask. I think baffles work better then there monocore design.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a 9mm Optimus, rated for 300win, but best on 9mm and 300BO, it's good on 22 rifles with the 22 end cap, but loud on 22 pistols, lots of volume, lots of FRP. Tried a DA Mask and was instantly sold on it (have one in NFA jail) it's WAYYY quieter on pistols, a little better on rifles, no real FRP, and 1/2 the size and weight. I do like 9mm cans on 5.56 and 30cal semi-auto rifles, decent suppression numbers, but less back pressure/gas in the face. Also nice to have a little larger bore with my AK, everything is concentric, but the adapter locates on the muzzle crown, they are gassy, and usually more over gassing and potential for a baffle strike compared to 30cal cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom