• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    For the first time ever, a rainbow pride flag flew outside a Maryland county’s executive office building, but the flag it replaced had people raising objections.

Montgomery County Council member Evan Glass, the council’s first LGBTQ member, helped celebrate the raising of the pride flag Monday morning at Veterans Memorial Plaza in Rockville.

But Vietnam veteran John “Bill” Williams said he’s upset the flag that honored soldiers still missing was taken down.

“When I was in Vietnam, I was there six days before two guys were missing in action, and they still haven’t found their bodies,” Williams said.

The POW/MIA flag was replaced by the LGBTQ pride flag for the month of June, pride month.

“I wasn’t happy about it at all because the park is supposed to be a veterans park,” Williams said. “People died. Now they took it down and put another flag up.”

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2019/06/29/pride-flag-replaces-pow-mia-flag-at-veterans-memorial-in-maryland/

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    For the first time ever, a rainbow pride flag flew outside a Maryland county’s executive office building, but the flag it replaced had people raising objections.

Montgomery County Council member Evan Glass, the council’s first LGBTQ member, helped celebrate the raising of the pride flag Monday morning at Veterans Memorial Plaza in Rockville.

But Vietnam veteran John “Bill” Williams said he’s upset the flag that honored soldiers still missing was taken down.

“When I was in Vietnam, I was there six days before two guys were missing in action, and they still haven’t found their bodies,” Williams said.

The POW/MIA flag was replaced by the LGBTQ pride flag for the month of June, pride month.

“I wasn’t happy about it at all because the park is supposed to be a veterans park,” Williams said. “People died. Now they took it down and put another flag up.”

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2019/06/29/pride-flag-replaces-pow-mia-flag-at-veterans-memorial-in-maryland/

saw this on Facebook earlier this week :sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So, they took down one sacred sky cloth, and replaced it with another sacred sky cloth?

I don't suppose you meant this as an insult to veterans at a site supposedly honoring and memorialising their service.

But that's sort of how it came across to me.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    They should remember, it is the soldier that gives the opportunity to publicly display the identity as lgbqrstuvwyz.
    This is a embarrassment for MC in my opinion.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is the kind of shit liberals do that just seems designed to piss people off.

You want to display the Pride Flag for Pride Month? Go for it. Why do you have to create controvery by removing the POW flag?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Really? You consider a lgbqrstwxyz cloth as sacred as a POW FLAG. Must not have served.

I’m a veteran, so don’t even try tossing that crap in my face. Just because you consider a piece of cloth to be important doesn’t mean everyone else is required to like your piece of cloth. It’s a free country, thanks to me and those who served with me, and they can put whatever piece of cloth up they want.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    saw this on Facebook earlier this week :sad20:

What a joke. What if I want a flag up for national pancake month? Flags on government property should not be anything other than Old Glory, state flags, POW/MIA, and flags that represent the entity; ie Army, Navy, etc.

So, they took down one sacred sky cloth, and replaced it with another sacred sky cloth?

One represents people who stood for or are standing for this country and spent time in prison or went missing or are currently under those statuses, the other represents a tiny minority that has that flag because of those who stood or are standing for this country. You want to try again on which one is more important?

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I’m a veteran, so don’t even try tossing that crap in my face. Just because you consider a piece of cloth to be important doesn’t mean everyone else is required to like your piece of cloth. It’s a free country, thanks to me and those who served with me, and they can put whatever piece of cloth up they want.

Thanks for your service. You still sound like an idiot sounding off about "sacred sky cloth."

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

To me it’s not the “sacred sky cloth” but what it represents. The one you have no problem being taken down with is flown in honor of my fellow brothers and sisters that never made it home. What does your sacred sky cloth stand for? Maybe my 21 years in and fallen brothers influences me...hell yea!

Last edited:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Should have taken it down and replaced it with this! Still not right and I’m sure in the MoCo legislation there are regulations as to what can be flown on government flagpoles!

Attachments

• 24FE7E3C-9D09-4392-88CA-CAE833C223BE.jpg
      24FE7E3C-9D09-4392-88CA-CAE833C223BE.jpg
      71.4 KB · Views: 462
    Last edited:

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Went into Macy's last evening to return something for the boss. I was greeted at the door with a huge pride display. My 15 yo daughter said oh god, really, before I could. One of her best friends is openly gay and even she is sick of the pride crap.

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    In still waiting for Mature White Guy Heterosexual Pride month.

Isn't that every month. I don't necessarily agree with Pride month, but i don't feel like it takes away from the pride I have for my country, or the citizens to allow others to take pride in something they believe in. Your comment is the very definition of discrimination. Why do you give a fvck that people believe in something you don't. Take pride in yourself and be proud that others believe and stand for something.

A real American believes in something and believes that we all have the right to have your own opinion and not infringe on others for not believing the same thing. Isn't that some terrorist sh!t for hating someone that doesn't believe what you believe?

In My Humble Opinion!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Isn't that every month. I don't necessarily agree with Pride month, but i don't feel like it takes away from the pride I have for my country, or the citizens to allow others to take pride in something they believe in. Your comment is the very definition of discrimination. Why do you give a fvck that people believe in something you don't. Take pride in yourself and be proud that others believe and stand for something.

A real American believes in something and believes that we all have the right to have your own opinion and not infringe on others for not believing the same thing. Isn't that some terrorist sh!t for hating someone that doesn't believe what you believe?

In My Humble Opinion!

How about “White” history month? Or White entertainment television awards? This thread is about replacing a recognized official flag that symbolizes the fallen not returned home with something totally unofficial. Hey...let’s fly the Kwanza flag next! You begin to “infringe” on others when you take down their flag! And as I stated above, I’m sure this act violated standing MoCo regulations on what can be officially flown on government flagpoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom