Votes: 0 0.0%
    • OP is a moron, its something else

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm not a gunsmith, but I am a Smith, so I have an opinion. Doesn't this sound like a rough chamber? It would seem to me that must be looked at.

Could be. The brass usually indicates a rough chamber (frosted).

Otherwise a bore scope inspection is a good idea as well.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I am of the opinion that if it is not immediately obvious what is wrong with my AR pattern rifle, I am going to spend far less time and money letting Clandestine work on it than I would trying to troubleshoot it myself. Large frame AR parts in particular are not cheap, and I would generally prefer to spend what range time I get these days shooting rather than fiddling.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am of the opinion that if it is not immediately obvious what is wrong with my AR pattern rifle, I am going to spend far less time and money letting Clandestine work on it than I would trying to troubleshoot it myself. Large frame AR parts in particular are not cheap, and I would generally prefer to spend what range time I get these days shooting rather than fiddling.

I sincerely appreciate the confidence you have in my work. Thank you my friend.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I find Clandestine "pre-checks" useful too, although I do feel guilty have given him PSA complete uppers (3?) in the past which invariably have required work, such that I know I've gotten my money's worth. He's still nice to me though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I find Clandestine "pre-checks" useful too, although I do feel guilty have given him PSA complete uppers (3?) in the past which invariably have required work, such that I know I've gotten my money's worth. He's still nice to me though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

:)

Your AR's are always a treat to work on my friend.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Broken ejector spring (or bits of primer stuck in ejector tube, or peened breechface.

ARs run overgassed, AR10s run really overgassed. With that in mind I would: install a crazy heavy buffer and spring, replace ejector spring and clean out ejector tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom