• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Sorry, I was a member there for years before it went downhill. IMO the range is dangerous. The range rules are flippin nuts and you are misleading people about the membership fees.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as you haven't been a member there for at least a few years during which much has changed, your opinion appears particularly uninformed. Reviewing your posts regarding the Frederick IWLA, I believe that you have an ax to grind, and apparently chose to do so through the anonymity of these forums. I've invited you to our meetings, and you've chosen to not attend. Although that invitation stands, if you continue your unwillingness to a meeting and discuss your points in person, to accommodate a meaningful dialogue, I see no further benefit in continuing these threads with you.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Trailman - As a long time member at the Damascus IWLA chapter (which as others have noted is full right now), I suggest that you should look elsewhere for membership. The IWLA is not for everyone and we don't claim to be. I think you want a range that allows for more hard core tactical training than is permitted at most IWLA ranges. I wish you good luck finding an alternative that provides you what you are looking for.

RightD

Nov 21, 2009
    MoCo
    rgramjet - Suggest getting out and looking at the facilities and meeting some of the people. Most are willing to talk to prospective members.

When I was looking I wanted somewhere that had nice facilities, a minimum of fuss and was reasonably convenient. I ended up joining at Damascus, and have been happy with it. You can be as involved, or not involved, as you choose to be. And so long as you observe the rules, shooting at the pistol and rifle ranges is very convenient/no fuss.

Good luck,
    - RightD

RightD

Nov 21, 2009
    MoCo
    Trailman - As a long time member at the Damascus IWLA chapter (which as others have noted is full right now), I suggest that you should look elsewhere for membership. The IWLA is not for everyone and we don't claim to be. I think you want a range that allows for more hard core tactical training than is permitted at most IWLA ranges. I wish you good luck finding an alternative that provides you what you are looking for.

Agreed... Damascus range rules do not allow for tactical training. Maybe somewhere like 340 Defense? Believe they are more permissive.

- RightD

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    You can get Wi-Fi at the BCC IWLA clubhouse! It is getting way too fancy out there. The old clubhouse had flush toilets and electric lights. The oldtimers thought that was too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom