• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    NICS is still fairly instant. This is all MSP delay.

And I agree with the OP, the math doesn't make sense. There was an huge lift in demand in November after the election, so they already had a month to staff up temporarily. A month later the top blew off. Since then, the MSP has had ALMOST FOUR MONTHS to staff up and not break Maryland's mandated 7-day regulation.

No excuse, except that they've been "disincentivized" to fix the problem.

This really isn't complicated. Here's how the math plays out from back when I went to school:

1. Their game.
    2. Their rules.
    3. Their sense of Zero accountability.

1 plus 2 plus 3 equals:

They flat out don't give a shit how long any of us wait.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    This really isn't complicated. Here's how the math plays out from back when I went to school:

1. Their game.
    2. Their rules.
    3. Their sense of Zero accountability.

1 plus 2 plus 3 equals:

They flat out don't give a shit how long any of us wait.

This is why we need to bombard the court system with individual cases of 2A
    infringement, not just one well financed case. All we need are some willing attorneys.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Did I miss something? I thought you had to take ownership of the firearm before october 1? So now you just need to have the paperwork in?

One of the last min changes in the house bill that the Senate adopted as time was running out and they didn't want any of there tax hikes to not get implemented because they were still fighting with us on guns.

Thanks
    Robert

PS you have to have it payed for with a serial number and in the FFL hands by 10/1/2013. If a gun comes in on 10/1/2013 the FFL will have to return it.

tonyw

Feb 8, 2010
    AACo
    Even before the explosion this seems like a ridiculous system, instead of accessing 17 different databases why not create an 18th database that all others feed into for the sole purpose of doing background checks.

I've wondered this. Everyone has a ssn. Why isn't there a database based off ssn with a few columns that have check marks in them? For example: if you are on a no fly list there is a check mark in that column. Simple and highly effective. They should work smarter, not harder.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've wondered this. Everyone has a ssn. Why isn't there a database based off ssn with a few columns that have check marks in them? For example: if you are on a no fly list there is a check mark in that column. Simple and highly effective. They should work smarter, not harder.

This is how us non-government type think, not how they think. If they had a faster system (kinda like one a second grader could come up with) they would be sending out too many NOT DISAPPROVED stamped paper work. You have to think about the children in times like these.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    One of my old Computer Science teachers used to say "If I have to enter the same thing more than twice your code sucks."

Your Computer Science teacher is wrong. If you have to enter the same thing more than twice the UI sucks. The code could be just fine. ;-)

Regardless, yeah, they'd have to implement some kind of service bus to bridge the 17 different databases or, y'know, they could have just passed the bill to use NICS instead of all that rigamarole and started feeding those 17 other database INTO NICS, which would have been the smartest thing to do. But they didn't, so whatever.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just filled out paperwork on two Gus and buckling up for August pickup

Btw does a c&r get you around sb281 and the new licensing requirements or qualifying guns

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    Anyone know if you are not a designated collector, how many banned firearms can you buy by midnight September 30th?

So long as you have "verifiable purchase orders" for those firearms, there's nowhere in the text that specifies a limit.

In theory at least, if you won the lottery tomorrow, you could spend it all on firearms and they would all be grandfathered under SB-281, even if you weren't able to receive the last one until 2099.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom