• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I'm new to the site. Cool site it is. I've been reading a lot of posts just getting some good info. Anyway I would like to purchase a Bushmaster AR15 HBAR. I have found some deals online from out of state dealers. My question is about the 30 round magazines. Am I allowed to purchase this gun with the 30 round clip??? And if not what options do I have? I would rather buy from a local gun shop but want to get a good price. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    No 30 round magazines can be shipped with the rifle. Ask them if they can ship the rifle without the mags. Your best bet to get 30 rounders is out of state.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The HBAR is not a regulated weapon, but some dealers will do it anyway. Shop around if you care.

Get your mags at the gun shows and drive them over yourself. Perfectly legal. Also, Magpul has real nice 20-rounders you can get shipped here. As an alternative, have larger mags shipped and held at a FedEx or Ups location (stores do this) in VA and drive over to pick them up when they come in.

Welcome to the forum.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Welcome! Send a pm to some of our industry partners and tell them what you're looking for. Remember that whatever you find online will require a shipping fee and a transfer fee as well. It's easy to add $50+ to the price of an online gun. As for your mags, we have industry partners in VA that will happily help you.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I'm new to the site. Cool site it is. I've been reading a lot of posts just getting some good info. Anyway I would like to purchase a Bushmaster AR15 HBAR. I have found some deals online from out of state dealers. My question is about the 30 round magazines. Am I allowed to purchase this gun with the 30 round clip??? And if not what options do I have? I would rather buy from a local gun shop but want to get a good price. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

There are some companies that will send you "magazine kits", problem is that even if they do get shipped here, you have to drive across the state line in order to legally assemble them anyway... might as well just get your mags across state lines unless it's something exotic that would justify buying a "magazine kit".

Mark

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna shop local and get it done. I travel to virginia often for work. One last question. Can I buy 30 round clips at gun shops in VA??

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna shop local and get it done. I travel to virginia often for work. One last question. Can I buy 30 round clips at gun shops in VA??

Yep, you can buy the mags in person out of state and drive them back yourself. You can't have them shipped here, OR have someone drive them here and give them to you within the state (no transfer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom