• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don’t own it, but I want it. A Remington 700 XCR in .338 Lapua. I have no need for this gun. I am nowhere near skilled enough to shoot anywhere near what that gun or round is capable of. I will likely never be able to test their limits. And finally the cost per round would make me sick on range days. Regardless, I still want one.

Sako TRG-42 in .338 Lapua for me. With Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x -

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    I think it's cool to think about the firearms we yearned for. For me, it's the firearms I didn't yearn for but yet surprised me with their ergonomics and useability after, and however, I acquired them that leaves me with that indelible impression. The gun you will automatically go to in a pinch. A European pistol, an American long gun, etc. Whatever.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    What is the bullpup in the picture with the FG? Doesn't look like the 2 Tavor models I am familiar with. Awesome FG by the way not sure if it was you who had a thread about it on here in the past but really cool gun.

Kel Tec RDB. The Maryland version has a longer barrel :tdown:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Years ago I knew a set of twin brothers who shot. We went to the range one time, and they wanted me to shoot their Ruger #1 in .458 Win Mag.

I should have paid attention, as they had fired maybe 7 rounds out of the box. :D

But when I went to shoot (off hand), one brother walked over and stood just to my right, about even with me. VERY close. I wondered, but WTF.

So I fired the round. I quarter turned from the recoil, and DROPPED the rifle into his waiting hands. :D

They had learned. And yes, I was the 8th person to fire it. ONE per person was all that anyone wanted.

I learned my lesson a long time ago. A lighter weight 300 win mag, or a ~8lb 12ga with a 3.5" goose shell or heavy buckshot is basically my recoil limit. More isn't even a little fun.

I have been wanting a 338LM, but not remotely as a hunting rifle. Something "because I can". Probably look for something that weighs in around 15-18lbs and has a nice brake on it.

On my must have, I have 4.5.

I really, just need to have a Cz-75. I'll admit I haven't shot scores of different handguns, but so far its been the nicest DA/SA handgun I have ever shot. I'll admit I like it's look also.

I also want a Berretta 92. There I'll admit its because I was a boy raised in the 80s and 90s. There is just something iconic about them to me and I want one (I've shot a few that have been pretty nice also).

A 1911 in .45acp. Haven't shot a nicer SA semi-automatic. Even the crappier 1911's I've shot, I've liked. I'd really like a GI issue one.

an AK-47. But I can't own one in MD now. I think for that it is as much because I can't own one. Perhaps an element too of "mystery" because its a commie gun.

My last is a 1903A3. Been on my bucket list for forever. I'd actually like a real BAR more, but not likely to ever own one (full auto, or new manufacture semi-auto).

That's my list.

I think only 4 guns I own now are ones that I just decided I had to have no matter what (short of doing anything illegal of course). My Garand, my M1 carbine, my nicer SKS and my Colt Official Police.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have no need for this gun. I am nowhere near skilled enough to shoot anywhere near what that gun or round is capable of. I will likely never be able to test their limits.

I can say the same for most all my guns.

So what? I'm glad to have them just the same, and when I'm gone, they'll go on making others feel the same way.

Eventually the sun will go nova. We owe it to the Universe to explore and appreciate it, wherever we may find ourselves. Seems to be our purpose. We're part of the sensoria of the Infinite.

Maybe a little out of place for a gun forum? Oh well, I'm full of dinner and good spirits, so indulge me.

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    Styer m40a1. Thank you Skyfall. Those trapezoid site picture is really awesome

Yup! Exact same gun. It took me 3 years to find my Steyr (back when nobody had one in store). I was introduced to it by a Navy SEAL and had to have one. I still love this gun. Won't ever sell it.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Unfortunately, a few of the guns I "had" to have, were turds.

Ones that I really wanted, and was lucky enough to obtain has been a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 National Match in 30-06. It belonged to a friend of my family who was a gunsmith back in New Jersey. Ex Ranger from WWII. I used to visit him all the time when I was back home and he was getting up in age. He asked me if I would be interested in it and I jumped on it.

I was also lucky enough to obtain a "Smolt" recently, after forgetting about ever getting one. I probably paid too much for it, but it is a damn nice revolver.

I would like to get my hands on a Beretta 92M at some point. I don't know why. It's not like I am a huge fan of Beretta's. But, that one always appealed to me.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Unfortunately, a few of the guns I "had" to have, were turds.

Ones that I really wanted, and was lucky enough to obtain has been a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 National Match in 30-06. It belonged to a friend of my family who was a gunsmith back in New Jersey. Ex Ranger from WWII. I used to visit him all the time when I was back home and he was getting up in age. He asked me if I would be interested in it and I jumped on it.

I was also lucky enough to obtain a "Smolt" recently, after forgetting about ever getting one. I probably paid too much for it, but it is a damn nice revolver.

I would like to get my hands on a Beretta 92M at some point. I don't know why. It's not like I am a huge fan of Beretta's. But, that one always appealed to me.

That Pre-64 ‘06 is a real disappointment. My FIL had one and it shot as good as it looked.

I like old bolt-action .22’s. This is bad because it’s $100 here, $150 there.....

Mattitude

Jan 31, 2020
    Fayetteville, NC
    What is the bullpup in the picture with the FG? Doesn't look like the 2 Tavor models I am familiar with. Awesome FG by the way not sure if it was you who had a thread about it on here in the past but really cool gun.

As one of the other members stated it's a Kel-Tec RDB that I picked up the year before last Cyber Monday sale from Sportsman Guide. It's a real fun gun and is real popular on the range whenever I bring it out. No that wasn't me that posted before about another FG42, but I'd be interested to know about another FG owner for sure. I had mine built in .308 instead of 8x57 as it's cheaper to shoot and just another caliber I don't need to reload for.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Years ago when I bought a Manurhin PP when they were flooding in for $200ish, I started to look for a Manurhin PPK to go with it. Took me over three years to find on. Got it on my second trip to Louisville Show of Shows.

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    I can say the same for most all my guns.

So what? I'm glad to have them just the same, and when I'm gone, they'll go on making others feel the same way.

Eventually the sun will go nova. We owe it to the Universe to explore and appreciate it, wherever we may find ourselves. Seems to be our purpose. We're part of the sensoria of the Infinite.

Maybe a little out of place for a gun forum? Oh well, I'm full of dinner and good spirits, so indulge me.

I’m smelling what you’re stepping in and I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I think you just help me justify a future xcr purchase though. I’ll be sure to hide these posts from the wife....for your sake lol

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Waaayyyy back in my Mack Bolan reading years, I thought the SPAS 12 was the coolest thing in the universe. For some reason as an adult it never occurred to me to buy one.... but they are still cool.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think it's cool to think about the firearms we yearned for. For me, it's the firearms I didn't yearn for but yet surprised me with their ergonomics and useability after, and however, I acquired them that leaves me with that indelible impression. The gun you will automatically go to in a pinch. A European pistol, an American long gun, etc. Whatever.

Good call.

Start a new thread for that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Waaayyyy back in my Mack Bolan reading years, I thought the SPAS 12 was the coolest thing in the universe. For some reason as an adult it never occurred to me to buy one.... but they are still cool.

Still occasionally look at Auto Mags on GB. :D

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That Pre-64 ‘06 is a real disappointment. My FIL had one and it shot as good as it looked.

I like old bolt-action .22’s. This is bad because it’s $100 here, $150 there.....

I'd like to have someone who is a good iron sight shot take it for a spin. I've only shot it a couple of times and was underwhelmed by it.

I am far from a good iron sight shooter though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd like to have someone who is a good iron sight shot take it for a spin. I've only shot it a couple of times and was underwhelmed by it.

I am far from a good iron sight shooter though.

My FIL’s has an old 3x9 Leupold on it. Things a tack driver. He killed countless deer with that rifle from his bedroom window without a license and in a non-rifle County. (He’s passed, so can’t go to jail).

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    My FIL’s has an old 3x9 Leupold on it. Things a tack driver. He killed countless deer with that rifle from his bedroom window without a license and in a non-rifle County. (He’s passed, so can’t go to jail).

I'd like to put a scope on it, but, honestly am afraid to try to remove the old peep sight.

I didn't mean to infer this gun was a turd. The gentleman who owned it before me was a serious NRA high power shooter and this was one of his main guns. I am sure if it was a lemon, he wouldn't have kept it around.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Right now about the only one I'm kind of lusting for is the Ruger Security 9 Compact. Not serious lusting, just mild lusting. Can't get it off my mind though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom