• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    The registration will let you keep your guns....until the next mass shooting. Then the registry will be the confiscation list.

I know one person's whose guns won't be confiscated because they won't be on the list.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I also like the title. "Weapons Crimes". There was no criminal activity until they made what was peaceful and legal yesterday a crime today.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Maryland commies going for broke

Fvckem

Anyone who’s a democrat that’s not one to be a Dino is part of the problem. Allowing these atrocities in the commie party and staying in the party seems to me to be agreeing with this shit by proxy

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Not Commies, technically. They're Authoritarians being paid by a wealthy former-and-still-wannabee despot. At least real Communists would have principles they're standing up for, no matter how idiotic.

Until they enact those principles. Then, men being men, they would succumb to the intoxicating allure of total power and be despots like all that have come before them.

Last edited:

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    How do I know what firearms the govt knows about and which dont.
    Ive got 3 AR's built from lowers. I had 7 day waits for those.
    Ive also got 2 shotguns that I think qualify as banned. If I recall i had a few days wait on those as well.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    How do I know what firearms the govt knows about and which dont.
    Ive got 3 AR's built from lowers. I had 7 day waits for those.
    Ive also got 2 shotguns that I think qualify as banned. If I recall i had a few days wait on those as well.

MSP will know about everything you filled out forms and waited 7 days for.

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    So I’m a college student. And most of my peers are anti gun so I’m very much a minority in that regard. As a broke college student, What can I do?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not that I am alright with this bill, but if I register mine before January 1, 2021, when it is allegedly free to do so, where does it say I am exempted from Crim Law 4-306?

(6) (I) A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, SHALL REGISTER THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 1, 2021.

(II) SUBJECT TO SUBPARAGRAPH (IV) OF THIS PARAGRAPH, A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE PENALTIES IN § 4–306 OF THIS SUBTITLE.

(III) A PERSON WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON AS DESCRIBED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (II) OF THIS PARAGRAPH IS SUBJECT TO:

1. ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2021, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $290 PER FIREARM;
    2. ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2022, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $580 PER FIREARM; AND
    3. ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2022, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $1,000 PER FIREARM.

(IV) 1. A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND WHO REGISTERS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, ONLY AFTER BEING DISCOVERED IN POSSESSION OF THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE PENALTIES IN § 4–306 OF THIS SUBTITLE.

There does not appear to be an exemption from Crim Law 4-306 for anybody that registers between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. If this abomination is to pass, they should set forth that MSP SHALL set up a registration process that is available to citizens on October 1, 2020 when the bill goes into effect AND that registration between October 1, 2020 and December 2020 SHALL be free.

Anything in the law regarding people that move into Maryland that already possessed assault weapons before October 1, 2020? I know there is the required registration for them under FSA2013, but how does this new definition of assault weapon get reconciled with the FSA2013 definition and requirement for registration for those moving into Maryland?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    So I’m a college student. And most of my peers are anti gun so I’m very much a minority in that regard. As a broke college student, What can I do?

Get a job in a state other than Maryland once you graduate. Otherwise, buy whatever you can if this bill gets passed. Being a broke college student, just buy some stripped lowers and then build them up as you have the money later on down the road.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Get a job in a state other than Maryland once you graduate. Otherwise, buy whatever you can if this bill gets passed. Being a broke college student, just buy some stripped lowers and then build them up as you have the money later on down the road.

for the first time in a long time, ive actually considered buying a few lowers.

The run this will cause will be nothing compared to if trump appears to be losing the election over the summer and fall, and if eventually loses in November.

I honestly believe that if trump loses in November, we might see the biggest gun and ammo run we've ever seen in history.

buy up on ammo, ar's and parts folks

don't say I didn't warn ya

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think you're right. The state police will be busy, the courts will be packed, and the judges will be judges.

The change that needs to be made is in bold:

(II) SUBJECT TO SUBPARAGRAPH (IV) OF THIS PARAGRAPH, A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON ON OR AFTER [October 1, 2020] January 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE PENALTIES IN § 4–306 OF THIS SUBTITLE.

(III) A PERSON WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON AS DESCRIBED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (II) OF THIS PARAGRAPH IS SUBJECT TO:

1. ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2021, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $290 PER FIREARM;
    2. ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2022, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $580 PER FIREARM; AND
    3. ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2022, AND BEFORE MAY 1, 2023, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $1,000 PER FIREARM.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Is there a process to request the MSP provide you with a list of all firearms registered to your name?

I tried this once. Made an emailed request, cited FOIA and asked for a list. They wouldn't email it and said come to Pikesville in person. Seems there is some way but I don't have time to drive to Pikesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom