• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I couldn't stay silent as you assumed 80 percent of mds disagree with what the PP is doing. Norton what happened to keeping threads on topic

Is that what Norton said? Threads must remain on topic? Let's look at who actually brought my name into this thread and started the derail. None other than Adolph Oliver Bush. Hmmmm, how was that on topic? Want to drag me into a thread and think I am not going to respond, that isn't going to happen, especially when you want to come out and blatantly assert that I am receiving special treatment because I am doing Norton's taxes.

Maybe PP needs its own separate forum on here that is private so that people with a special code can only get in and discuss special things. You get to plan your protests in blissful peace. The irony is incredible. The protests are disruptive and PP likes it that way, just do not disrupt or disagree in the PP threads. PP likes freedom of speech, as long as somebody isn't using it to be disruptive in one of their threads. Before you get going on the 1st Amendment stuff, I fully understand that it does not apply on a chatboard that is privately owned and not run by the government. I just enjoy the irony.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I couldn't stay silent as you assumed 80 percent of mds disagree with what the PP is doing. Norton what happened to keeping threads on topic

Heck, I forgot about the part that you didn't put in bold. Where did I assume that 80% of people do not approve of what PP is doing? Don't think I actually wrote that I believe it is 80%. You must be thinking of 80% frames. If I had to throw out a number, I would go with something like 95%. Yeah, I believe it would be 95%, give or take some here and there. lol

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Who is going to come down to DC tomorrow? If you are coming tomorrow at 10AM, let us know. Let's not clog the arteries.

PowPow you're trying to do the Lord's work and it's greatly appreciated.

Yes, there will be a group bringing the WWNC message outside the WH tomorrow and we invite everyone who wishes to participate to come on down.

And for those of you that don't want to come for whatever reason then by all means don't. And I'm not saying this to any particular person or just to be rude in general, but there is not a clever post out there that is going to make us stop.

This is a thread to organize for an activism event and we would kindly appreciate the courtesy of letting it be used for that purpose.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Maybe PP needs its own separate forum on here that is private so that people with a special code can only get in and discuss special things.

I was actually thinking why don't they set up a social group since those are more private for planning purposes and I think group admins could probably add and remove members as needed. It keeps their threads on topic and it keeps non-PP members out so there's no drama from either party. Would also prevent "guests" from knowing their plans.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    So, you will not comply with your RSVP, or will you? lol

The thing with lawyers is that the early advice usually ends up being less costly than advice/representation after the fact. Save a thousand or two on an LLC Operating Agreement by drafting it yourself and it might cost $10,000 to $20,000 in litigation costs plus lost profits to fix the mistakes made early on.

Seek legal advice early on. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Just in case anybody was wondering, I cannot attend the White House "We Will Be Criminals" assembly. I RSVP'd to a lunch, and the only reason I will not attend that lunch is if water in the basement will lead to a divorce. However, I think I talked my wife into attending lunch tomorrow and worrying about the basement after tax season because it is going to be a week long, back breaking ordeal to take care of the basement and do it right.

Time to pray to the rain gods.

Good news! glad i backed out for imo more important event at this time

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was actually thinking why don't they set up a social group since those are more private for planning purposes and I think group admins could probably add and remove members as needed. It keeps their threads on topic and it keeps non-PP members out so there's no drama from either party. Would also prevent "guests" from knowing their plans.

Here's an even easier idea, see a thread that you may not agree with, don't open or post in it.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I agree completely with the "We Will Not Comply" message out of one side of the mouth and then the "law abiding gun owner" message out of the other side of the mouth. Hard to have it both ways. Great, if you don't want to comply, that is fine and that is up to you. None of us comply with all the laws out there. However, to send a message of "We Will Not Comply" and think that represents the stance of most gun owners in Maryland is a little presumptuous.

Did Heller get arrested for that case? I don't think so. Don't think Kolbe or Brockman got arrested either for them to have standing.

Regarding litigation, people need to stop chomping at the bit for it and filing lawsuits right after a law passes. Heller was not brought until what, 30+ years of the DC law being in place. 30 years and a well thought out lawsuit got us Heller. The Court had a decent makeup and it was a decent thing to sue over. If they pass the HBAR lawsuit, I think that is a good one to challenge and it gives us another bite at the apple for one of the most popular rifles in the nation. That is looking at it from the public policy side of things. An attorney that is only interested in making money will try any case for an hourly fee. An honest attorney will tell a client whether or not he/she/it stands a chance of actually winning and whether the money is going to be well spent.

End of the day, these are all keyboard strokes that are wasted because PP WWNC will do its thing tomorrow regardless. Even if a poll on here showed that 80% of people are opposed to it, the show would go on.

you are correct Fabs I am wrong I missed the even if part

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Here's an even easier idea, see a thread that you may not agree with, don't open or post in it.
    That would defeat the whole purpose of what internet forums are supposed to be about - we're supposed to have conversations to share ideas. Yes, sometimes a thread will take off on a tangent, but that isn't always necessarily a bad thing. A lot of great information gets shared by the way of respectful discourse.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

With a social group, you could keep whoever you wanted out. Since this is in a public forum whoever wants to can post in your threads whether they agree or disagree with you. Offering ideas since it seems most PP thread ends up like this. I would think instead of having every thread be derailed you'd want to do something about that.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    With a social group, you could keep whoever you wanted out. Since this is in a public forum whoever wants to can post in your threads whether they agree or disagree with you. Offering ideas since it seems most PP thread ends up like this. I would think instead of having every thread be derailed you'd want to do something about that.

The problem with just a social group is that new members of the forum don't see what's going on and would not have the opportunity to join in if they so choose.

I would love to be able to keep a select few out of these threads (not looking your way trickg) and if that ever were to happen I can guarantee that they would evolve a lot differently.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I would love to be able to keep a select few out of these threads and if that ever were to happen I can guarantee that they would evolve a lot differently.

Sounds like something the General Assembly would say about the Patriot Picket. Just sayin'

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    The problem with just a social group is that new members of the forum don't see what's going on and would not have the opportunity to join in if they so choose.

I try to avoid posting in threads that go off topic but thought I had an idea that would help you all keep future event planning on the topic so it's easier on you. I admit I didn't consider how it would prevent people from finding information, I guess social groups are kind of hidden on here.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Good news! glad i backed out for imo more important event at this time

Yeah, we each have to decide for ourselves what takes precedence. My kids were looking forward to lunch. So was I. The basement might have squashed it, but now I might be looking good. Tired as hell, but such is life.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope your actions actually result in policy change in our favor.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Probably so, but there is a difference between demonstrating against the infringement of a fundamental right and littering threads up because of an axe to grind.

You have a Facebook page, correct?

If you see new people on here, then have them take a look at your Facebook page. MSI and MSRPA have their own websites. I know MSI had a separate sub-forum on here at one point. It might very well still be here. Granted, it has its own website now.

Looks like you want your cake and you want to eat it too.

And please, you and Jeff like to start things up just fine, and it isn't just with me. Jeff took issue with me not following his orders last year, and now he likes to take little pokes here and there when he finds the opportunity. Only he gets bolder and bolder. Think you were the one that came up with Fuddsroman and Jeff just continued to run with it. You and Jeff are no angels, and God help the person that does not do what the two of you want or especially anybody that disagrees with you. The gall of Jeff last year to tell me to call him immediately and then to send me a PM demanding respect and telling me to delete some posts within the very thread I started because I took MY thread off topic. According to Jeff, MY thread was very important and he wanted MY thread to remain on topic. He got bent out of shape because I did nothing, and now looks to jab wherever he can. If you want to pitch, make sure you can catch. Definitely do not cry and ask for me to be banned when you are catching.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    what say you now aob banned or snitched on

Mods/Amins/Site owner do as they please, acting in the best interest of the site.

People have been taking person jabs at the person he did for days now, some of it in pretty poor taste really. Name dropping the boss man was probably enough, hence the vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom