• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Who is AOB and how the heck am I attacking anybody?

Adolph Oliver Bush is quite a mouthful, so to speak, so folks often shorten it to AOB, or sometimes Notorious AOB. See also RD for Road Dawg, MM for Migraine Man, R&R, etc., where context conveys meaning.

I shortened the story that was related to me for posting purposes, posting merely a synopsis of what was related. Nevertheless, it accurately relays the encounter.

I have to tell you, it sure seemed personal, but hey, its the internet. I don't come to MDS because I need a safe space. I'm glad that you're doing your part Fabsroman. Thank you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Most everyone on this board does what he or she can. Much of it takes place in the real world, not on a screen at home.

My activities altered once my job went away; things I couldn't do became do-able.

Money talks. I support a number of 2A organisations, because they all play a part, and certainly not the same part. Politicians gets some money too, though I don't see much hope for a functional return on my investment in Maryland. I send money to politicians in other states who can be effective on the Federal level.

I put in face time in Annapolis, because I can. A few years ago, I couldn't.

We are a community of ideals and ideas, but we are separated in time and space from one another. This makes some things very difficult for us, and easy for the Overlords. They can send their police to pick us off one at a time with ERPO; we no longer have the option of immediate armed resistance that worked so famously in Lexington and Concord.

Being separated except for these internet linkups makes us extremely vulnerable. Social media and sites like MDS are vulnerable to governmental control, as well as to attacks by hackers who drink the SJW beverages. Not to mention the oversight by governmental organs of information-gathering, which certainly goes on, and intimidates many here. Have a job with dotGov? Want to keep it?

For several years, like-minded people have moved to areas like Idaho, Utah, Montana and so forth, with the thought that a concentrated body of voter citizens could hold the line against Progressive destruction of our constitution and way of life, at the state level. This is a good thing, but not practical in MD. Meanwhile, we're diluted in a sea of blind followers of the Party Line, with a supermajority in the legislature.

Of course, this supermajority was only possible by outrageous gerrymandering, which deliberately worked to disenfranchise a sizeable minority of voters. Maryland has always been on the leading edge of corruption in politics, and they do it well.
    We are in need of social outreach, to bring disparate members into personal contact, to put a halt to the constant bickering and back-biting. We share a common goal, but balk at disparate means of achieving it.

We need a force multiplier. I have no idea how to develop one.

We need redundant communications. MDS can be shut down easily; we've seen Denial of Service attacks every legislative session for the last several years. To facilitate that, we need personal contact. A lot of it.

Seems to me that face-to-face building of a body of like-minded individuals could override much of the internet-style vitriol, while promoting a certain bond. I don't think it can be accomplished through quarterly MSI meetings, or a few disgruntled hotheads carrying signs chiding legislators, or whining about the situation in the middle of the night on a computer terminal.

(Note: I am of course guilty of all three of the above. I think they all have their place; I just think it's not nearly enough to get the job done.)

I suspect we need a lot more than the above. What all am I missing?

Anyone?

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Most everyone on this board does what he or she can. Much of it takes place in the real world, not on a screen at home.

My activities altered once my job went away; things I couldn't do became do-able.

Money talks. I support a number of 2A organisations, because they all play a part, and certainly not the same part. Politicians gets some money too, though I don't see much hope for a functional return on my investment in Maryland. I send money to politicians in other states who can be effective on the Federal level.

We are a community of ideals and ideas, but we are separated in time and space from one another. This makes some things very difficult for us, and easy for the Overlords. They can send their police to pick us off one at a time with ERPO; we no longer have the option of immediate armed resistance that worked so famously in Lexington and Concord.

Being separated except for these internet linkups makes us extremely vulnerable. Social media and sites like MDS are vulnerable to governmental control, as well as to attacks by hackers who drink the SJW beverages. Not to mention the oversight by governmental organs of information-gathering, which certainly goes on, and intimidates many here. Have a job with dotGov? Want to keep it?

For several years, like-minded people have moved to areas like Idaho, Utah, Montana and so forth, with the thought that a concentrated body of voter citizens could hold the line against Progressive destruction of our constitution and way of life, at the state level. This is a good thing, but not practical in MD. Meanwhile, we're diluted in a sea of blind followers of the Party Line, with a supermajority in the legislature.

Of course, this supermajority was only possible by outrageous gerrymandering, which deliberately worked to disenfranchise a sizeable minority of voters. Maryland has always been on the leading edge of corruption in politics, and they do it well.
    We are in need of social outreach, to bring disparate members into personal contact, to put a halt to the constant bickering and back-biting. We share a common goal, but balk at disparate means of achieving it.

We need redundant communications. MDS can be shut down easily; we've seen Denial of Service attacks every legislative session for the last several years. To facilitate that, we need personal contact. A lot of it.

Seems to me that face-to-face building of a body of like-minded individuals could override much of the internet-style vitriol, while promoting a certain bond. I don't think it can be accomplished through quarterly MSI meetings, or a few disgruntled hotheads carrying signs chiding legislators, or whining about the situation in the middle of the night on a computer terminal.

(Note: I am of course guilty of all three of the above. I think they all have their place; I just think it's not nearly enough to get the job done.)

Anyone?

What he said. Particularly the latter part. That would presume that a small and growing group begin a conversation about the tactics of a broad, ongoing campaign of direct action. That would require that group to shed their anonymity and expand the nascent trust that already exists. This is the long campaign. Strategy and philosophy are irrelevant absent viable tactics. We've learned from many years of observing insurgencies that the entrenched powers formulate strategies, then devise tactics to implement them. Insurgents (that's us) discover/devise tactics rooted in what is situationally possible. Strategy grows out of successful tactics. So we're back to those initial conversations. Groups like PP, among others, have demonstrated how this can be effective. We already have some base of experience. Let's build on that. I'm in to carry my part of the load. But I'm not the one to assume any leadership. As someone pointed out recently in another thread, I don't have geega posts. Therefore any observations I might make are suspect. There might be a clue in there somewhere.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Anyone?

Yeah, I could not have said it better myself.

I know I am on MSI's e-mail list. Wonder how many on here are on MSI's e-mail list? I would hope everybody, but I am guessing that not even a majority of the members here are on MSI's e-mail list. Being on MSI's e-mail list and the NRA's e-mail list keeps me in the know, and it allows me to receive e-mails from those organizations when they are trying to get large protests together. It worked for me in 2013.

I also like meeting people on this board face to face. Once tax season is over, I'm going to try to put some shoots together at PGT&S just for fun. Maybe even put together a bike ride (gasp) of like minded individuals in the late spring/early summer. I think it really helps that we get together every so often. Granted, a lot of it is the same faces over and over, but if we get 3 or more new faces every month, it starts to add up. Especially if those 3 faces bring a new face with them the next month.

However, this is what I said earlier and I think I was rebuked and told that the only thing that will work is getting in my legislators' faces. Maybe my recollection is a little fuzzy on this.

Anyway, I hope to see a bunch of you guys on the 18th in Timonium for dinner. I'll have my kids with me. Would be nice to see others attend from the upcoming generation because they are going to need to carry the torch when the rest of us are long gone.

As R&R said, let's make this fun and more people will be willing to participate. Albeit, that was in reference to the Patriot Picket, but I think it can be in reference to shooting, self defense, hunting, and supporting the 2nd Amendment however people can.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yeah, I could not have said it better myself.

Why, thank you.

Looking forward to meet-ups, as you mention. I think it is, or will become, essential to establish things on a personal, face-to-face basis.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Was an article about a DC7 report. I sent her this email.

Ms Dumais;

I applaud your effort to reduce Maryland's crime rate and in particular Baltimore's standing as the city in the country with the highest per capita murder rate. However as many laws that Maryland legislators have created in the past, this one will not work.

"Dumais said, “Will my bill stop someone who is a felon who wants to order a gun, a ghost gun, from ordering a gun online? Unfortunately, the answer is no""

Add "criminals" to your quote and the reason is evident.* Who will the bill affect the most? Law-abiding citizens and hobbyists that are following federal laws. Of course many Maryland laws have been shown to affect only this group of people which is why they have failed over the years.

As well, it's not a gun that's ordered online but a plastic frame that requires additional work. Your comments are misleading and points to the ignorance that many lawmakers have about guns in general

Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"**That it what this bill is,* another feel good attempt to 'do something' that fails to address the real problem 'CRIMINALS.

Of course it has a good chance of passing in Maryland and a very good chance of having no effect on crime or murder rates. In one or two years we'll revisit the data and ask for accountability.*

Sincerely*
    LtCol Stephen A Bonning,* USAF, Ret

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Was an article about a DC7 report. I sent her this email.

Ms Dumais;

I applaud your effort to reduce Maryland's crime rate and in particular Baltimore's standing as the city in the country with the highest per capita murder rate. However as many laws that Maryland legislators have created in the past, this one will not work.

"Dumais said, “Will my bill stop someone who is a felon who wants to order a gun, a ghost gun, from ordering a gun online? Unfortunately, the answer is no""

Add "criminals" to your quote and the reason is evident.* Who will the bill affect the most? Law-abiding citizens and hobbyists that are following federal laws. Of course many Maryland laws have been shown to affect only this group of people which is why they have failed over the years.

As well, it's not a gun that's ordered online but a plastic frame that requires additional work. Your comments are misleading and points to the ignorance that many lawmakers have about guns in general

Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"**That it what this bill is,* another feel good attempt to 'do something' that fails to address the real problem 'CRIMINALS.

Of course it has a good chance of passing in Maryland and a very good chance of having no effect on crime or murder rates. In one or two years we'll revisit the data and ask for accountability.*

Sincerely*
    LtCol Stephen A Bonning,* USAF, Ret

She does not feel that she is accountable to anyone other than her party and their agenda. I predict crickets.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    She does not feel that she is accountable to anyone other than her party and their agenda. I predict crickets.

I'm sure but I wish she'd hear from more of us so that in a year or two we'd write to her again with some updated data.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

When you can come in third in a three person race in your district and still end up with a seat in the House, that's as unaccountable as you can get. I don't even think the Party has much control over her.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    HB0740 now listed.
    Prohibiting a person from transporting into the State or manufacturing, possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving a firearm manufactured after 1968 that is not imprinted with a serial number issued by a federally licensed firearms manufacturer or importer; and establishing penalties of up to 5 years imprisonment or a fine of up to $5,000, or both for violations of the Act.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    HB0740 now listed.
    Prohibiting a person from transporting into the State or manufacturing, possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving a firearm manufactured after 1968 that is not imprinted with a serial number issued by a federally licensed firearms manufacturer or importer; and establishing penalties of up to 5 years imprisonment or a fine of up to $5,000, or both for violations of the Act.

I see a profitable, no-capital-invesement-necessary business opportunity for an 07 or 08 FFL in this.

This was the bill I was waiting for from Dumais. That Senate bill banning 3D printers wasn't what she was rambling on about over the summer.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    When you can come in third in a three person race in your district and still end up with a seat in the House, that's as unaccountable as you can get. I don't even think the Party has much control over her.

Dumais gets the most votes.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    HB0740 now listed.

So they want to ban possession of existing 80%s too huh.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I see a profitable, no-capital-invesement-necessary business opportunity for an 07 or 08 FFL in this.

This was the bill I was waiting for from Dumais. That Senate bill banning 3D printers wasn't what she was rambling on about over the summer.

I am trying to do this but currently do not have the capital for a much larger safe that passes ATF muster. They say it just has to be big enough that two peeps can't carry it away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom